Thursday, January 11, 2007

Never ever wrest




Its been amazing to feel the strength and power that comes from reading the Book of Mormon with fervor and commitment. It never ceases to change my life, make it better and make me equal to the challenges that I am faced with. Never does it leave me empty. It makes me a better mother, a better wife and person. It, literally, protects me from satan. I love it and I know it is true. I even feel the difference in my day when I know I haven't read enough.

I simply can not afford to not read it, it makes me feel capable, able and peaceful. Humble and confident in the knowledge that I have a Redeemer and a Father who have made a way for me to fill my purpose in this life, to stand for truth-to live it, to allow it to consume me and direct my life for good. It is true.

In Alma 13:20 it says," Now I need not rehearse the matter; what I have said may suffice. Behold, the scriptures are before you; if ye will wrest them it shall be to your own destruction." And I testify that it is true. The minute I begin my day without the power of heaven, I am putting my spirit in jeopardy. All the unrest and turmoil I feel and the longer I "wrest" the Book of Mormon, the more my spirit is yearning to be fed and those hunger pangs are painful. And that kind of famine is needless.

2 comments:

Millionaira said...

YAY for you...beat satan down and build yourself up!!!

Mindy said...

I love it! He may have power to bruise your heel, but you have the power to crush his head!! Good an ya lovey!