The #1 goal that will help like none other in getting my Tisha back is to get back at being consistent in my scripture reading and doing so by getting up before my kids in the morning. Herein lies the greatest source to my personal power. All positive and good power comes from the Lord. This time last year 2010 was rolling in and I was great with child and that was not the season for me to do early rising nor was it as I recovered from my c-section and while I could have used it as the first 9 mos of my life as a mother of 4, I just didn't do it regularly. I'd read before bed or during the day (Isn't it amazing how scriptures get read when you leave them on the back of the toilet?) BUT this year it is time. Time to get up and just do it. I NEED it.
Nothing will give me a boost like reading the Book of Mormon first thing in the morning. I receive such nurturing counsel and calming comfort when commune with the Lord first thing in the morning. Not only this but my confidence waxes strong as well. What mother of children couldn't use greater confidence and guidance in her parenting? I sure could.
#2: Go to bed. By no later than 10:30 on weekdays. It is 10:12. So that means I better get finish this tomorrow. Until then...think about it. What do you need to do to get yourself back?
2 comments:
I've always admired women who get up before their kids. I do my reading in the evening, which luckily, is a really good time mentally for me. It took a long time for my husband and I to realize that while I could read and have deep thoughts and discussions, his brain turned to mush in the evenings.
Good luck with your goals! Aaron & I were doing our long-term planning last night and I'm hoping to go to the evening sessions of Education Week again -- hope to see you there!
This is a goal I am working on too! Thanks for the post and the renewed spirit to do better!
Post a Comment