Monday, November 12, 2007

Bragging on my 5 yr old


Having a five year old has it's perks you know.Last night during dinner the buzzer went off on the washing machine. Olivia put her hands over her ears and said it was soo loud, got up from the table and ran away..I thought she was going to potty. Then after a while, I called after her. She was saying she was doing something but I couldn't understand her, so I went in search of her. She went to put the clothes into the dryer without being asked!!Last week, I told her that her new job now that she was five was to put the clothes in the dryer when she heard the buzzer. So that day when she heard the buzzer, she did it. But I haven't done any laundry since then. Sam gave her a whole dollar towards her Chucky Cheese fund for that, which she was thrilled with..lol.

Can I just say how proud I am that she is actually listening to me THE FIRST TIME?? So now all I have to do is get a dryer sheet down for her reach and set the time on the dryer..then she can load the dryer and push start! I had to take a picture I was so proud. And since I tend to let clothes sit in the washer longer than they should, this will be an extra special help to me-- ESPECIALLY with this full belly I am sporting.

This is such a boost to my mommy ego. And it makes me so proud of her. Kids do listen! So I guess we better keep at it as mothers.

3 comments:

Olivia said...

that's awesome Tisha! It gives the rest of us hope.

Alissa said...

you know what really helps with the changing over of laundry? a front loader! i rarely change it... the girls move it over and empty the dryer when it's done... i just load the washer... :D

Amberli said...

she is so gorgeous (just like her mama!)- and i can't believe she is FIVE! where does the time go!!!