Halloween is an extra special holiday for us because Olivia was born that day. Despite the fact that I went into labor with her on October 29th!! After 36.5 hr of labor, she blessed us with her presence and her vivacity for life and learning.
This year, she turned FIVE! She is such a delightful fireball--sometimes more delightful than fireball and plenty of times the opposite. Yesterday she was making Sam and I laugh at dinner and I said, "Olivia, you are a delight, do you know that?" To which she replied, "No, I am a Seaberry Delight!"--Can you guess who has been watching too much Strawberry Shortcake?
She is currently developing the artistic abilities she has gotten from father. She is hilarious with all her hilarious comments and well thought out ideas. Recently, she came up to Sam and said," You can jump higher than the tallest mountain" (Pause) " Because mountains can't jump!!!" She really cracks herself and us up with her random thoughts. Last night, she asked what kind of fly was in our dining room. I told her it was a fruit fly--she then proceeded to ask what a vegetable fly looked like. ROFL!
As far as Halloween goes, this year she was Wendy from Peter Pan and Maia was tinkerbell. I was pretty proud of myself since I sewed Olivia's costume. She was so encouraging and thankful for it. I was sewing it several days before Halloween and she kept asking if it was done yet. I told her to stop asking me--that I would let her know when it was finished. She, then, switched gears and began telling me what a good job I was doing and that she knew it would be perfect--that she was so proud of me for sewing. I was pretty proud of myself, I will say. I actually have the sewing bug now. She also go her ears pierced and had a birthday party with SIXTEEN of her
closest friends but I will blog about that later.
So here are our Halloween pictures & a belly shot..
1 comment:
This is wonderful. Arla needs to learn how to do this. So do I, DAD
Post a Comment