Monday, June 09, 2008

Headbow Momma

I am a girl. I like to look good. I like dressing up, skirts, makeup, anything sparkly etc. I like have having daughters to dress up and groom. And they already know that we accessorize with our hairbows. Maia is too cute when she asks, " Momma, I need a headbow!"

I have several friends who make bows who I have been learning from and these women are GIFTED. I am not particularly gifted in this area, my fingers tend to get in the way of one another BUT I still like to try it because it is fun and once I get on a roll, my creative juices get to flowing and I find myself improving creativity wise. The other thing about bowmaking is that it takes time and lots of different kinds of ribbon for variety.

This last Friday night, I decided to use some old silk flowers I have laying around and make up some new bows for the girls. I think I am liking this kind of bowmaking. Hotgluing some ribbon over a alligator clip and then adding a silk flower and a button doesn't take much time at all. I was really quite proud of myself when I finished. Both girls wore some to church on Sunday and I shamelessly told my oldest, Olivia, that if someone complimented her bows to tell them that her mom made them...is that bad? ROFL? I just couldn't help myself. An older girl sitting in the pew behind us (about 11 or 12) told Olivia that she liked her bows. Olivia did her duty and proudly proclaimed that her mom made them. Of course, I didn't have time to take pictures of them in her head before church--we were just a few minutes late and we were too hungry after church to snap a picture. So the pictures of the bows themselves will have to do. Not bad, right?

16 comments:

QueenMeadow said...

Very cute!! I bet they look great on your adorable girls too :).

I totally tell my kids to brag about what I made if someone comments, as well as something they make ;).

Mel said...

not bad is right! you are very talented! i actually love the yellow ones with 3 buttons. love them all!...too bad i have two boys or i would be putting in an order! :)

kim said...

Love the bows! I wish we'd had a chance to make some before I took off :)

Molly said...

"The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize!!"

If Miss Clairee says it, you know it must be true.

Jane said...

They are so cute! I love the flower bows, I need to make my girls more. They tend to get lost after time.

Ambrosia said...

LOL, Molly. I LOVE that movie! I was just watching it 2 wks ago.

Jane--our bows get lost a little less now that I have a hanging ribbon where we clip them behind the bathroom door.BUT they do still get lost at times. I need to make an extra or two for that.

LittleFamilyJL said...

Very Cute Tisha! Since my Little Man doesn't appreciate the art of accessorizing, I'll just have to keep hoping to one day have a baby girl!

The Mathews Family said...

Um, just one more thing to add to the ever growing list of things that you do to amaze and inspire me. Gorgeous!
-Jessica

Elozia Marie said...

Cuteness!!! Bows are so much fun :)

Candice McWhorter said...

Hey Tisha! I just happened across your blog and thought I'd say a little "hi, hello". You're so creative and such a cute mommy!

TJDKG said...

i have to admit those are some awesome bows! i bet your girls look adorable in them too. I need to get my crafty groove back and get back into making stuff again i've been slacking for so long.

Rian Krommenhoek said...

Beautiful job! I especially love the bow with the buttons. Can't wait for preschool with all our pretty girls in their fun bows.

Fichtner Family said...

Great idea! How fun. I am lucky if I can get Noel to keep a hair tie in her hair - "Don't you want a pony like mommy?" haha girls - love them!

Fichtner Family said...

Those are fantastic! I am lucky if I can get a pony tail in Noel's hair - "Don't you want a pony like Mommy Noel? P-l-e-a-s-e?" Love little girls.

Fichtner Family said...

Fantastic Tisha! I have tried to post this three times but it hasn't seemed to work so I hope they all don't pop up at once. Anyways, I am lucky if I can get Noel to wear a pony tail - but we're working on it :^) Have to love little girls.

Lonnie said...

Tisha my love! I've been popping by your blog every once in a while and I've loved seeing what you and those beautiful girls of yours are up to (Sam too of course)! The head bows are super cute - need to make some! So I got your email with your new number - sorry I haven't called yet! I love you and would love to catch up!