Tuesday, October 21, 2008

New House

Our family has moved! Sam and I closed on our first home just 3 weeks ago. We moved 45 minutes closer to Sam's work and we are very happy he doesn't have to commute to work any longer. The neighborhood is great, the neighbors and our church members have been very warm and welcoming. We love the cul de sac that we live on. It is very kid friendly and quiet--well it was until our energetic girls arrived but the neighbors say they are happy to have kids on the circle again. Olivia is enjoying her new school, she says her new teacher, Miss Hardy, is very good and nice but that she still misses her first Kindergarten teacher, Miss Werner. She has made a new friend who is in the same Kindergarten class. We are very, very grateful for that. She lives just around the corner and they get along swimmingly. We are busy doing some fun things to the yard and flower beds. Sam is a regular Paul Bunyon, he has cut down TWO whole trees on our property. I guess that makes me his Babe, huh? He has now declared that he needs a chainsaw--guess I know what I should start window shopping for his birthday, Christmas and/or Father's Day.

Here are some pictures that our realtor took of our family in the house just before we closed.

One of Michaela because I have been remiss in posting pictures of her.


And at the end, Olivia and Maia made themselves at home my playing in the mud in the carport. My girls sure do love the mud. I think I need to do a history of mud in pictures when it comes to them. At least they won't be able to say that I never let them get dirty when they are grown.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY for a new house!! And hooray for mud. As my hubby's gma says, "a little dirt never hurt"

kim said...

You all look so great! And happy! It's pretty exciting, buying a house :)

(Abe just got really excited when he saw the girls--guess he hasn't forgotten them yet).

Pamela said...

Congrats!!
Now you need to come visit me...lol