Sunday, January 03, 2010

Girls Night Out

A friend of mine came into town last week and several of us friends got together for an exciting night of BOWLING. Let me tell you there is nothing like setting a bunch of mothers lose on the world at 8pm at night in a bowling alley. There is nothing that brings out the giggly and silly high school girl in a bunch of thirtysomething mothers like a bit of freedom that comes from not having to wrangle small children. We ate like high school girls too. Geez, I could go for some more of those cheese fries, english chips and fried zuchinni sticks right now. I am SO glad I braved driving in the snow for that night. I had a truly fabulous time. Here are some pictures that document out night out.






There are more pictures that I don't have but let me just say that there was lots of fun that came from some ladies standing on their heads and singing, friends trying to break the concentration of the active bowler by goosing them, fun dance moves and struts galore and at least one successful bowl was celebrated by someone pretending to ride the ball return like a horse. There were a couple of husbands present and I do believe that he asked his fantastic wife if she was always like that when she was out with friends. *giggle*

One of the greatest blessings in life is friends. I love what Clarence the Angel on It's a Wonderful Life says, "No man is a failure who has friends." Isn't that so true? Friends should remind us of all that is good, happy, joyous and brilliant in the world and I am grateful that I have friends that do just that. They are a safe harbor and they bring the warmth of God's love into daily living.

So, here is to you all my incredible friends ((HUGS)). Now, who wants to go bowling?

6 comments:

Tara said...

If bowling with you is like that, I'm in, especially with all the great food thrown in!!

LittleFamilyJL said...

Man that looks like fun! And i agree: friendships are definitely a necessity in life...especially as a mother! I am so grateful for the blog world too that keeps me connected with amazing friends like you!

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

Friends it is... all of them gifts from God during particular parts of our lives. I'm grateful to call you friend and cherish our memories growing up.

Ya'll had waaaaay too much fun! I didn't see you with a bowling ball. Did you accidentally swallow yours???

Handsfullmom said...

How fun! I love the bowling ball picture and boy, you're looking beautiful!

msbookite said...

tisha, you are the epitamy (sp) of what you describe a friend being. i love every ounce of you, both irl and online. thank you for being MY friend and uplifting me just by being you. *sniff* when are you headed out this way so we can have a redo of that night?!??!? love you girl!!

Melissa said...

FUN!!!! I know how much these ladies mean to you. I'm glad you were able to get together. Love you!