Sunday, January 24, 2010

Loved, Blessed and Grateful

I have fabulous sisters. Tempest, Traci and my sister by marriage, Kaylee, have been the means of making this next step into motherhood one of singular celebration for me. Creamy Baby Girl #4 is on her way very shortly and Tempest told me that it was time that I have a baby shower. I have to admit I love a party. I mean, who doesn't?

However, once the ball was rolling I got suddenly VERY self conscious and told her we shouldn't do it because this is my 4th daughter and I was afraid that people would consider that a faux pas. Tempest lovingly, but still in true "Tempestuous" form, assured me that I was being dumb and that it was still on.

I will love her forever for her persistence, enthusiasm and support of me in that way. Since she doesn't live in state, she called on our sister Traci and my sister in law, Kaylee, to make the shower happen. And I have to say that I am ever so glad she did. Temp did everything possible that she could on her end and then Traci and Kaylee took over from there.

This is how it all went down. Sam, husband extraordinaire, helped me get the house all prettied up. He was up late the night before trying to finish the crown moulding in the living room and when I woke up the next morning, he had not only cleaned up the serious sawdust and tool mess but he helped me hang some things up on the wall in the most attentive way and he took the girls daughters out on a date during the shower.

Traci and Kaylee arrived at my house and they decorated. Kaylee was in charge of the food and the decorations. They were just too cute. She prepared the YUMMIEST girl food. (I *heart* lil' smokies in a blanket, btw. You rock, Kaylee.)

Traci was THE MOST darling, generous and creative of hostesses. We played fabulous games and Traci gave out some killer gift baskets. I mean seriously, how often do you come away from a baby shower with a basket of spa goodies AND a gift certificate for a pedicure when you win at the baby food tasting game?

We had a fabulous time. I literally felt bathed in love just by the presence of so many of my friends. I was on a high for such a long time afterward. That kind of love is what makes my house even more of a home. Thank you so much for all of you who came, who wanted to come but couldn't and who have come by to tell me that I was dumb for limiting my guest list by some faux pas fear, to hug my neck, rub my belly and even drop a sweet baby gift off.

I consider my friends to be my angels here on earth and I was shown that I am surrounded by many. I also must say this....my angels have FABULOUS taste!! Paisley will be very organized, well dressed, burped, diapered, accessorized and kept warm because of all the gifts. Again..THANK YOU!

And now for the pictures. I was 2 days shy of being 36 wks along. I am sporting a great basketball belly, huh? About 5 days after that, I had an appt with my midwife and I was measuring....42 weeks. 42 wks at 36 wks along. I can't help but be proud of a stat like that. I grow a good belly, what can I say?


















*Gushy, Sentimental, Excited Heartbeat*

I can't believe that I almost missed out on such a fabulous experience. I very nearly denied myself of an outpouring of love, friendship and celebration. I learned that one should never ever limit or deny others the opportunity to come together and shower you with love. I can't say thank you enough. Ya'll are the best.

7 comments:

Lonnie said...

Oh Tisha, my sweet little angel Momma! You look SOOOO darling! Could an about full term pregnant lady get any cuter!? I'm not sure what inspired me to check your blog tonight, I haven't checked up on ya for a while. I must have been hearing your heart humming my song! I miss you so much, I can't believe you're having another baby, another girl, without me! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Paisley - you are such a good name picker. Your baby shower looked so fun - what a wonderful outpouring of love and friendship. You are an amazing person, amazing woman, amazing mother and wife - and my amazing Tisha. I love you. I need to know when that baby is born. Take lots of naps. Say hi to Sam for me, the good man. Give all your little cherub girls a squeeze for me. Luv u.

Molly said...

You do have delightful sisters - talented, thoughtful women who I am blessed to know. I hope to meet your sis-in-law one day, too. I'm so glad you and CB#4 had a chance to be celebrated, since you are both so deserving!!

The Mathews Family said...

Oh boo... I am so sad that I had to miss it. *sniff sniff*... Ironically I just got back from mailing your gift off to you at the Post Office. Priority Mail... hopefully it'll arrive there before baby girl Paisley does! Good LUCK!!!
-Jessica

Melissa said...

You are so easy to love! I really do love you! Now let's get baby angel here so I can hold her!

Amberli said...

tisha - you are incredibly beautiful! i am impressed with your basketball belly. i thought mine was impressive but yours is fantastic. don't ever forget that you were the one to teach me to love and appreciate my pregnant belly! i hope all is well you with you and your beautiful family!

Mindy said...

It was super fun! Many kisses to Temp for encouraging you to do it. EVERY baby needs to be celebrated! I can't wait for her and your mom to get to ya!

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

You look MARVELOUS Pish! I love that hat on you! And I also LOVE the name Paisley. You are a very well-deserving woman who deserves to be pampered and loved by all those you have shown the same kindness and love towards. Everyone loves you near and far! I found my baby carriage charm the other day from your wedding. Miss you!