It is springish time here is Utah--it likes to go back and forth between Spring and Winter weather even now at the beginning of May. It even hailed teeny slushy snowballs for a short bit yesterday. Mother Nature's magic is a bit fickle here. But despite it all..it is time to plant a garden!
Enter silly marching dance with your hands raised high above your head.. GARDEN! GARDEN! GARDEN! Despite my good mother's influence in my adolescent youth I never got the digging in the dirt bug until about 4 yrs ago when me and a good friend and neighbor, Chellae, decided to plant a garden together. I've been sold on the endeavor ever since.
Back to the chainsaw I alluded to in the title. We are creating a bit more room in our garden, so we are getting rid of a couple rose bushes. A couple of extremely thorny mature rose bushes. I've just as soon get a chainsaw and slash the things down to a stump and dig around it until I can uproot them. Yes, a chainsaw..that would make things easier. Can't you just see me with a loud, sharp chainsaw? Maybe I should ask for one for Mother's Day.
If anyone has any tips to uprooting a rose bush, please feel free to share your knowledge.
Back to digging and dreaming of a chainsaw...
No comments:
Post a Comment