Not me, I am a woman with a wildly odd sense of ingenuity. As I was shoveling and dreaming of a chainsaw, I had the urge to search thru Sam's tool shed. I looked high and lo and I found the perfect tool to help me uproot the smaller of the two rose bushes. It was long, red and heavy..it was a 24 inch pipe wrench. It was quite an amusing experience, I totally chuckled under my breath--wondering what any normal tool using person would think of my cleverness or queerness (is that a word?). I even smacked the bush with it before I wrapped the wrench part around the base stems and pried it up. Is that girly or what? I stopped when I had visions of treacherous thorns flying thru the air and blinding me.
So anyway, both rose bushes are removed. One by me and my shiny red pipe wrench in jeans and sneakers. The other BIGGER one was removed by my garden partner and downstairs neighbor, Emily, who used her real woman strength. She braved the elephantine thorns in flip flops and got that sucker up with my lovely new shovel. One day, I hope to be like her. Until then..it's just me, my dreams of a chainsaw and my beauty of a pipe wrench.
2 comments:
Very resourceful, Tisha. I would have tried the same thing. When you have the urge to do something, you just want to get it done! Way to go!
That is extremely creative, and also quite brave. I'm impressed.
Maybe there's an enrichment activity hidden in this experience . . . :)
Post a Comment