So, last week, I woke up to a dirty kitchen and I needed to get it clean. But I needed some motivation to get me over the depressing feeling that a messy kitchen sometimes gives. So, I took matters into my own hands. Michaela was screaming to picked up but I was a mother on a mission. I sent the girls outside to play in the sun and the dirt, I situated Michaela in her boppy and I took out an old CD. An oldie but goodie--the Dirty Dancing Soundtrack. Can't you just hear it? Doesn't it bring back memories of Jr. High and High School.
Enter deep male voice "Now I've had (pause) had the time of my life..."
Enter crazy, silly mommy.
I was dancing with such reckless abandon that Michaela quit fussing at me and starting giggling. It was SO MUCH FUN. I opened the windows, I sang, I wiggled, I toetapped, bounced and flung my arms wild around me. It was fun to sing along and apply the applicable words to my world around me. Michaela was flattered that I've had the time of my life and that I owed it all to her. She grinned quite profusely at that.
The kitchen, magically, was shiny and clean and I didn't want to stop. In fact, I had to stop when my best friend came over for a playdate.
So, if you haven't let yourself free and danced in the kitchen lately..go do it. It is air to the spirit and life to your soul. Let's your kids see you, let them dance with you, let them laugh at or with you for that matter. Be wild and free together. It is a magically refreshing feeling--sure to make you sparkle like a diamond for the remainder of the day.
2 comments:
That sounds great! I loved Dirty Dancing. I secretly had a crush on Patrick Swayze for years. Good for you. And I'm glad you got the kitchen clean. Good work.
Love it! That is a great soundtrack and there is nothing that makes cleaning as fun as dancing around. Although, I'll be honest, my kids are the only ones I'm comfortable doing that in front of. They still think its fun and not totally embarrassing (I'm sure that's only a few years away!).
Post a Comment