I hate going a long time without posting but I am afraid that I don't have anything fun to report...oh wait..yes I do. Did I tell you that I bought a nectarine tree for our backyard at Costco for 10.79?! I am so excited! I can't wait to plant it. We LOVE nectarine trees. I want to go back for an apple tree but Sam says we don't have room for another. We already have a apricot tree, we are going to plant a garden, some grape vines, I want bees and a 1-2 chickens. He thinks another fruit tree will make our backyard more of an orchard/farm than a backyard...point taken. I guess I will have to rely on the farmer's market and local orchards for apples for canning and juicing in the fall. The bees and chickens are likely a pipe dream too.
Okay, back to my report on how I don't have anything fun to share...oh did I mention that Olivia has lost TWO teeth? She lost her two bottom front teeth on the 1st and 2nd Fridays of March. I got to pull them and Sam got the honor of being the high paying tooth fairy. I think Olivia scored 4.50 total for both those teeth. He said he was under alot of pressure because she told him that a classmate at school was given TEN DOLLARS for one tooth from her tooth fairy. He didn't want her to feel jipped. He is such a sucker. I told Olivia to tell him that and then made her promise to kick back of her dollars to me for getting her more cash. :) Just pickin.
Okay, really things have been kind of boring around here and I am kind of feeling blah. I don't want to do the dishes and tomorrow's Monday cleaning will be heavy and strenuous ...but I am sure I didn't tell you that I started watching my almost 9 mos old niece for 3 days a week did I? Watching little Ashlynn has been a good challenge. She got me back on track with reading my scriptures and exercising in the morning before the girls wake up. I will owe that kid alot for that one thing. It's been a peaceful rebirth of consistent good habits that nurture my soul.
Speaking about my soul, have I mentioned that I have been feeling kind of bummed lately? This is likely exacerbated by the fact that I need to go to bed at a better time but as I write and reflect about some neat things that have been happening in the last few weeks I realize and remember that I am blessed with a good life. Some days I will feel blah, bummed, below par, bamboozled and blue but it is just a part of life. I just have to keep going; doing the things that matter most, don't compare myself to others and just live in the rich moments that do beset me on a daily basis.
6 comments:
Good for you for waking up early. I'm too much of a wimp so I read in the evenings. How exciting to be growing things in your backyard. I need to get on the ball and get our trees ordered.
Amen, sister. I've been feeling the same way, BLAHH, but I think a lot of it is owing to sleep. Soon it will be spring, then summer. John says it is supposed to be in the 60's every day this week. Enjoy the sun!!
Tisha, you are amazing! Bees?!? AND chickens?!? Honestly, you are an amazing woman.
I'm getting inspired to plant more things this year. I love fruit trees!
Your "blah" could be related to the fact that you haven't been feeling well. I've been the same way. Don't be too hard on yourself. Just keep going and remember that you're doing your best.
wow! loosing teeth and all? she is growing up so fast! glad you are staying busy, with nothing to write about....i feel the same. :) busy...but nothing to really report on. still love hearing about it all when you do. you seem to have a calming way about you, that makes ME feel better! you always have! thank you!
She sure scored from the tooth fairy!
Your backyard sounds wonderful.
Post a Comment