Friday, February 27, 2009

Bedtime Butterfly Song

Sam was making up a song about the life of a butterfly for the girls at bedtime. It was so cute and so funny that I had to go in the room so I could hear it too. I was tucking Maia in and Sam was adorably harmonizing about the caterpillar going into its cocoon. He paused before he got to the word cocoon and asked the girls what the caterpillar is wrapped up in.

Maia said she didn't know and Olivia said," A chryalis!" Sam said," Yes and it also called a cocoon." Olivia said, "No Daddy, those are for moths." She's right too. I love that smart kid.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I love it. Once when my kids were arguing about whether the United Kingdom is another name for England or a name for a group of countries of which England is a part, Anna piped up and said, "Yeah, well I'm 4!" You go with what you know, I guess.

Lewis Family said...

Sooooo, in the picture she is wrapped up in her chrysalis? What a butterfly!

Melissa said...

I love kids!