Monday, May 04, 2009

It's Monday--What do hair and Randy Jackson have to do with it?

It's Monday--my list for the week is full, my girls need lots of attention and here I sit. UNMOTIVATED. I feel very tempted to skip the laundry and bathrooms BUT that won't help anything. It is less than an hour before I have to take Olivia to school which means it is time for lunch and my hair needs to be done. I always feel BLAH when I don't do hair. So before I ditch all housework for the day, I am going to do my hair, make lunch, take O to Kindy and then do a little home decor something to lift my spirits. The laundry and bathrooms can be easily and quickly done on commericial breaks during naptime, right?

UPDATE-2:15 pm- For me, hair is the key. If I feel frumpy, I feel lazy. When I have lipgloss and my hair done, productivity follows. So I did my hair, cleaned the upstairs bathroom, tidied the kitchen and have all the chairs on the table and counters for a good sweeping, the dishwasher is loaded is washed, the sink is shining. I have clothes in the dryer begging me to dry them and the little girls are napping.

So now, I am thinking about folding my clothes in the company of a little HGTV or Sense and Sensibility. I am feeling happy with my efforts. If Randy Jackson from American Idol was here he would say, "Dude! You worked it out!" Thanks Randy!Iit was worth it ;)

6 comments:

Rian Krommenhoek said...

Oh I am on the same page with you today! I didn't do my hair and put on a hat instead, but I did force in a laundry. Oh Mondays.

Ambrosia said...

Does your hair have the ability to look bad, Rian? I regularly think about your hair and wish I had the guts to go that short. I LOVE it.

I am about to throw down with the laundry in a minute myself. Good to hear from you!

Poon Family said...

Tisha, you and you hair crack me up!

Rachel said...

I think we are long lost twins. Every post you make I can totally relate. It's uncanny how we can go through the same emotions at the same time. Sometimes I have to choose between hair and laundry. I can't always do it all every day.

Tara said...

Way to go Tish. You're my hero!! All that stuff came from just fixing your hair? I guess I need to spend a little more time on my hair.

Ambrosia said...

Wendy- You and my hair habits do go back a long way huh? If my hair was long enough to be in a cute ponytail that would count as doing my hair but alas...

Tara- It just gives me warm fuzzies when you say I am your hero considering the fact that you are MY hero too! You also have the enviable short hair. One of these days I am going super short once I get some guts. ;)

Rachel- I think it is about time that we went out for lunch or something don't ya think? It is time for some long lost twin bonding.