Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Funny Imaginations

Today at lunch, Olivia and Maia got up to the counter in the middle of pretend mode. They have the most adventurous imaginations. So they climb up and get into their chairs for lunch. Olivia says to me," Can you be our mother? Our mother died, we live in the fields and then come here for food." I told her that I would love to be her mother. Then she went on to explain about her previous mother.

"Our mother was a bad alien so she had to be killed." Imagine my shock and then overwhelming urge to crack up laughing. Olivia continued," She used to feed us coffee and wine." Then Maia piped up. "Yeah and guess what else she used to feed us? " I followed suit and inquired with wide eyes about their past meals. "Dirt!" was her reply. And then she continued," Your food is so much yummier than hers and we want you to be our mother now." Phew I am glad I am up to par and am glad they don't think I am a mean alien mother who needs to be killed. Are they hilarious or what? I always wanted my kids to have good imaginations. I definitely got my wish.

7 comments:

Lewis Family said...

AHAHAHAHA

Handsfullmom said...

LOL! They are a hoot.

Handsfullmom said...

Oh, and have you read to them Little Bear? There's a story in there about Little Bear going to the moon that reminds me of this.

Rachel said...

This made me laugh right out loud. I love it when kids let us into their worlds.

kim said...

Gotta love that imagination. My kids miss being able to play with them. This morning, between showering and getting dressed, they decided they were squirrels--more precisely, squirrels who can't "show their bums to mom". It made for an interesting time trying to get dressed.

Ambrosia said...

Christina--We watch Little Bear but I have never thought to read it. Duh...

Kim- Your girls are hilarious too. That is too funny.

Melissa said...

I'm glad they no longer have to deal with that mean old wicked mother. Congrats on taking in the orphans! They are so so darling!!