Exhibit A: Michaela Naomi-Faith--She likes to get into stuff. This was taken on May 2nd. She got into toothpaste.
Exhibit B: Michaela Naomi-Faith will cry at the drop of a hat. If you calmly say,"Stay out of the toothpaste." She will cry as if you told her that all the candy in the world was destroyed. If she is mad enough about it she will build her wind up her wailing cry, tense up her entire body and let out a SHRIEK pitched high enough to break glass.
Sam and I have been intending to test out the strength of her scream by buying some thin glass and putting it up to her mouth during aforementioned screech. We really do think she was trained by dolphins who stun their prey by letting out a stunning wail.
Exhibit C: I should have know then. I was so charmed by her cuteness.
Michaela. She likes to get into things but she has kind've gotten better lately. She has reached her peak of terrible two behavior and she has re-emerged into getting into her stuff.
I found that she had climbed up on the counter and was perched on the countertop eating a stolen chocolate krispy treat. That was around 11:30.
At 12:30 when I was cooking lunch she got into the soymilk in the pantry. She had pierced the seal of one and the whole thing spilled onto the floor and the bottom of the pantry (2 separate areas). I have needed to clean out that pantry anyways. I should thank her...maybe...maybe not. Olivia and Maia were peaches and helped me clean up that mess.
At 1:30, I was alerted to more mischief by Maia. I found Michaela in her my bathroom. She had poured soap and hand sanitizer in the toilet and was pouring it on the floor, herself and I think in the bathtub.
She has been whining and doing her banshee shriek all day long. I have kept my calm. My nerves have been getting worn down all day.
Tonight at dinner she was drinking her smoothie and then she dropped it on the floor. It went down with a grand splash. All over her sister, Maia, the floor, the chair, the wall and peninsula wall. I shook my fist in the air in order to keep from yelling.
It's too bad I didn't take pictures. It would have made a good picture sequence while I told this story. Today as I was holding a screaming baby in the sling, when Olivia couldn't resist but trying to tell me this long drawn out story about some detail of her life, while Maia was being a mother to Michaela and dancing around the kitchen NOT eating her lunch and Michaela was pretending to be a lost tiger that wanted Maia to adopt her I was reminded of a conversation with a friend. I think I have mentioned it before.
An older woman from my previous ward and I had a good chat one night as she dropped me off at home after a RS meeting. She told me to really enjoy the chaos, noise and the messes. She told me she missed her 6 rowdy and crazy young sons and wished to relive a few of those days on occasion but not all the time or too often though :)
So today, I tried that and it wasn't that bad. It was annoying. I wanted to be left alone many times but I did find satisfaction in the midst of the chaos of it all. I am tired though. I think moms should go to bed at 6:30 (the bedtime that we shoot for every night) and kids should stay up too late cleaning or planning for the next day or just plain soaking in the quiet with the consequence of being overtired the next day. Don't you think so? We have been doing it backward moms!!
It's always funny when these things happen as Mother's Day approaches. It just seems so ironic. BUT I guess it shouldn't be. This is what being a mother is all about. Bearing the busy, messy, loud and crazy of everyday life for the sake of the joy, the smiles, giggles and the cuteness that is embodied in our children. It can be hard to live with them at times but we wouldn't want to even think about living without them. Motherhood. Full throttle, rumble tumble goodness.
(But you might want to keep some earplugs handy.)
An older woman from my previous ward and I had a good chat one night as she dropped me off at home after a RS meeting. She told me to really enjoy the chaos, noise and the messes. She told me she missed her 6 rowdy and crazy young sons and wished to relive a few of those days on occasion but not all the time or too often though :)
So today, I tried that and it wasn't that bad. It was annoying. I wanted to be left alone many times but I did find satisfaction in the midst of the chaos of it all. I am tired though. I think moms should go to bed at 6:30 (the bedtime that we shoot for every night) and kids should stay up too late cleaning or planning for the next day or just plain soaking in the quiet with the consequence of being overtired the next day. Don't you think so? We have been doing it backward moms!!
It's always funny when these things happen as Mother's Day approaches. It just seems so ironic. BUT I guess it shouldn't be. This is what being a mother is all about. Bearing the busy, messy, loud and crazy of everyday life for the sake of the joy, the smiles, giggles and the cuteness that is embodied in our children. It can be hard to live with them at times but we wouldn't want to even think about living without them. Motherhood. Full throttle, rumble tumble goodness.
(But you might want to keep some earplugs handy.)
7 comments:
michaela sounds just like my anna... cries at the drop of a hat... always has. at 6.5... still does.
sorry. good luck.
and yes, it's necessary to embrace the chaos. or you'll lose your mind. but yes, i long for the quiet.
I LOVE YOU. Seriously. I laughed so hard reading this because it's soooo familiar.
I can just imagine you shaking your fist in the air, lol! You are so funny.
Very funny...I'm sure not to you, but the way you write about it made me laugh.
Btw, remind me to teach you about shielding. It is something my acupuncturist taught me. I think it will help on those days when the shrieking is constant.
I love it!! It so reminds of my young mother of tisha, traci,tempest and Taylor. Only it was Tempest who usually got into things. But I was a yeller!!! You go girl!
I love your blog and I LOVE earplugs.
Your daughters are lovely. Eric and I often think - sometimes I just want the noise to stop for awhile - noel is in the "why everything" phase and Ty is getting 4 molars at once - but I guess there will be plenty of days for quiet later on :) For now - chaos ensues.
there is a dirty hand print by my downstairs light switch that I can't bring myself to clean because its so tiny and perfect. I tell myself maybe tomorrow I'll wipe it off, but I never do. So many ppl say that kids grow up too quick and they do.
Sorry that you had such a trying series of events. Happy that you were able to give it perspective :)
God made kids cute for a reason ;)
Post a Comment