
Good days exist and I am living proof. I have wondered what ever happened to the good ole days and today I had one. I started off the day with some special time with my husband, read some scriptures, said my prayers...oh and lest I forget..BOTH OF MY CHILDREN SLEPT THRU THE NIGHT! The kids woke up happy. They ate breakfast happy. I did oversleep my 5:45am tennis appt but I did some Turbo Jam and all this tennis playing I have done the past 2 mos has brought me into good condition because the workout was MUCH easier than I anticipated. We played with friends. Olivia happily came when it was time to leave friends house and was very cooperative in getting ready in the morning.
I have had a goal lately of my daughter to bed at 6:30ish pm. But that goal in mainly contigent on my starting dinner at 3pm, I have noticed when I do this I ALWAYS get things done for the day..when I do it later than that..well, I don't. So, I made a new dinner dish, Tepanyaki Special, began preparations for dinner at 3pm. O didn't nap but remained happy. Sam came home and took the girls out for a drive and some hot cocoa at this work. I finished dinner and we sat down and ate at 5pm. The girls ate their dinner and it was a pleasant dinner. I decided that chocolate chip cookies were in order. While I made them, Sam washed dishes!! Without my asking!!! We all danced, played and sang to music while we baked cookies and the dishes were washed. The girls were in their pjs by 6pm and we all watched 30 min of a Cinderella (Brandy version) and ate cookies.
Then we read books and scriptures and the girls went to bed. Maia was asleep by 7pm and O tried to fight it (in a pleasant way) but succumbed to sleep by 8pm. So now, I need to go do some quick tidying so I can read a book in bed and then go to sleep at a good hour. Nothing extremely special but it was a beautiful day!!
And just to explain the pictures, they were taken today while we were playing in the kitchen. My children are so tiny they fit in a medium sized stockpot! They are delicious enough to eat though huh?
2 comments:
yay for sleeping children and things going smoothly!!!
Tish, Eleanor Roosevelt once said that women are like teabags. They don't know their strength until they are in hot water!!!
GL!
pooka1978
Post a Comment