This primary song comes to mind when I think of my role as a mother and housewife.
“Give,” said the little stream,
“Give, oh! give, give, oh! give.”
“Give,” said the little stream,
As it hurried down the hill;
“I’m small, I know, but wherever I go The fields grow greener still.”
Chorus Singing, singing all the day,
“Give away, oh! give away.”
Singing, singing all the day,
“Give, oh! give away.”
2. “Give,” said the little rain,
“Give, oh! give, give, oh! give.”
“Give,” said the little rain,
As it fell upon the flow’rs;
“I’ll raise their drooping heads again,”
As it fell upon the flow’rs.
3. Give, then, as Jesus gives,
Give, oh! give, give, oh! give.
Give, then, as Jesus gives;
There is something all can give.
Do as the streams and blossoms do:
For God and others live.
Is it any wonder that we are so extraordinary as women? We are in the business of giving. It is what we do. Sometimes its hard, sometimes it feels as natural as breathing. Sometimes we try not to give of ourselves in the hopes to reserve something for ourselves. But ultimately it is in the giving that we do receive. It's in the giving our precious time to the Lord that we are filled to have the ability to give. It is in the giving of our faith and hope that we receive blessings and are fortified. I've been marveling at women around me, we give so much. It is inspirational. It makes me want to give more, knowing that if I yoke myself to the Lord that the giving won't be a burden and that I will always have enough to give.
1 comment:
You are one awesome chick. I love reading your blog, it's my cup of inspiration and you probably will never know how much. I wish I knew you better irl.
Post a Comment