Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Sunday Secret

I don't know if it is me but Sundays tend to be the day that I just crash. I don't know why it feels like the hardest mommy work day of the week but being 8 mos pg and having two busy daughters combined with afternoon church and being busy with callings equals a wickedly trashed mommy at the end of the day. There is no other day of the week that this happens to this extent.

I know I am no anomaly nor am I unique in this regard. There are millions of women who do this every Sunday. There are women who do it with 3 and 4 times the number of children as I. I wonder if I am missing out of some tip that will make me into the wonder women I see all around me. Or maybe we are running the same race week after week. Some weeks and phases better and easier than others. There is a saying that goes "The secret of life is to be like a duck, smooth and unruffled on top but paddling furiously underneath". I guess this is what we all feel like, at least on some Sundays right? I guess the secret is to just keep paddling and fighting the good fight.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ain't that the TRUTH! Just call me Ms. Duck. ;) And for what its worth you are the total TOTAL Duck queen. You always seem so together and i'd NEVER believe otherwise if you didn't tell me. :) YOU GO DUCK GIRL!

g said...

Oh, YAY! You're blogging again! Your pictures are all so beautiful. I loved seeing them :D