Tuesday, January 08, 2008

My Two Month Old Cupcake

And what a difference 8 weeks can make. My delicious daughter, Michaela, is a delight to our family. Her sisters can't get enough of her and Sam and I are completely enchanted. We love the newborn baby stage, it is a shame it goes by so quickly. Olivia is the proud recipient of many smiles and grins from Mika. It has been neat to see Olivia become so capable at scooping her up and bringing her to me if I take too long to get to her littlest sister. Sam is faring incredibly well despite the increase of drama and
volume--of course with the extra emotion comes much more love for daddy. The girls sure love their father. And for good reason, he adores them. We took them all the Sam's work Christmas party when Michaela was 5 wks old. He was so excited about showing them off. He turned 30 in December, that number being significant because that is his paternal "score". 3 girls, 0 boys. Here are some memories from the last 8 weeks of Michaela's life.

Mimi and Poppy came to visit 5 days after Michaela was born. Olivia and Maia went on many dates with their grandparents and bonded quickly. This is my dad and Maia playing. Maia thought it was fun to get a closer look at one another thru the purple tutu.
My parents holding their third grandchild and granddaughter. Have I mentioned that I am still the sole grandchild producer for them, so far? My sisters have plans to change that but we shall see. If they don't get busy soon, then I will be done before they start. Will that make me old?


Mimi and her grandjewels ;)
















Sam's 30th Birthday Cake--gotta love cookie dough ice cream cakes from Baskin Robbins!


Sam's Current Paternal Score: Girls-3, Boys-O. Any bets for the next decade?

Olivia and Michaela before Mika's debut at church

My little creamy babies on Christmas Eve


Two month old Michaela--The Cupcake :) Delicious isn't she? Don't ya love those cheeks? We are not quite used to babies with chubby cheeks. A few days after she was born, I woke in the middle of the night, looked at her face and was startled. In the dark room, it looked like her cheeks were swollen from an allergic reaction and my heart almost stopped. Then I realized that her cheeks were just chubby. Every once in a while, I wake up with the same reaction only to remember that I am blessed with a cute baby with yummy, full cheeks. They sure get their share of kissing, that is for sure.

10 comments:

stephanie said...

so cute!

Anonymous said...

She is adorable i tell ya! And I do the same thing with Gracie's chubby cheeks soo not what i'm use to!

g said...

Beautiful! All of them! Michaela's cheeks are to die for!

chellae said...

How cute, 3-0. I love it. So, I've visited your blog before and neglected to post a comment. As always, you inspire me. You can check out my cutie pie at our blog thewanderingplate.blogspot.com Do you mind if I add your blog link to mine? I love to see what people are up to these days and feel that even at nearly 2,000 miles away, I can still enjoy your company.

mj said...

no way! i'm so glad i just found your blog through a link on chellae's blog.

what a beautiful family you and sam have. i CANNOT believe how big Olivia is. She was just 7 months old when we moved in...and now we're coming up on 5 years...crazy how time flies.

i'm so glad things are going well for you guys. check out our blog if you'd like: http://thelaytonfam.blogspot.com

Jane said...

Brosie, they are all just beautiful!!

Loved all of the pictures

Jane said...

Brosie, they are all just beautiful!!

Loved all of the pictures

rachel said...

What a cute family! You guys are great and we miss having you as neighbors.

Jason, Tiffany, and the Crew said...

Tisha! Tisha! Tisha! You completely made my day! Honestly, it was SO good to hear from you! And everytime I think of you telling me about direct tv I can't help but giggle because I can hear you giggle-ing as you explained it to me :) You make me so happy! In addition can I just say you and Sam make some of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen! What an adorable baby little Michaela is (sidenote: I love how you spell her name...I'm a big fan of the "ae" combination, very feminine). She is definitely another beautiful Hunt baby girl! Thanks again for the call! Love you girlfriend! -Tiffany

Katie said...

Cute family pictures.

I tagged you Tisha! Hope you see this!

http://toomanyplates.blogspot.com/