Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Tagged with Questions

I've been tagged! I am certainly very honored, I have wondered what this blog tag business is all about. Now I see it is just that someone wants you to answer some questions about yourself. I can do that. After all, I know myself the best, right?

1. Best thing you cooked last week?
Ok, first of all. I have a MAJOR case of postpartum foggy brain. I only have vague memories of last week. BUT I did actually meal plan last week so let me go check that meal plan to see if it happens to stir up my memory a bit. Ok, dinners were good last week but what stands out to my tastebuds is...steel cut oats made in the crockpot, topped with homemade applesauce, walnuts and maple syrup. I just discovered the world of steel cut oats and I am loving them. I also have a new found adoration for homemade applesauce. OH!! Pumpkin Muffins..those were also at the top of my list. A friend brought some over at a playdate and I have been eating them as fast as I can make them. DANG GOOD! Who needs chocolate chip pumpkin muffins..the plain pumpkin is good enough for me! They are the best I've ever tasted.

2. If money, time and babysitting were no object, where would you go and with who?
I'd take my hubby and go to England or Australia. Just go all over those countries and discover them-- countryside, outback and all. But a long cruise sounds fabulous....good idea Katie. I''d also adore going abroad with just my mom and sisters. That is on my "bucket list". ;)

3. When was the last time you cried?
Monday night, I was watching Jon and Kate Plus 8 and when she cried at seeing their family picture when her babies were newborn, I cried right along with her.

4. Five things you were doing 10 years ago:
1- I was being talked to apply to BYU-Hawaii by a friend of mine. I loved that place.
2- I was in love with one of my FHE brothers, he was about to on a mission.
3- Loving living with the roommates I had then..they are some of the best friends I've ever had.
4- I was loving and hating my major, I was planning to drop Microbiology for Psychology.
5- That year learned how to hula, how to develop film in a darkroom, that I LOATHE geckos and flirted alot in Hawaii.

5. Five things you were doing 5 years ago:
1- I was a new mother to my oldest daughter, Olivia.
2- I had just graduated from BYU.
3- Made the decision to not go back to work after having Olivia.
4- Was in the Stake Relief Society in church, served with some pivotal people in my life.
5- I met Amberli in 2003! I adore the ground she walks on.

6. Five things you were doing 1 year ago:
1- Became pregnant with my 3rd daughter and consequently had an unbelievably amazing homebirth.
2- Continued certifying as a doula--which I LOVE!! Now I need to send my papers in--then I'll be certified!
3- Supporting my hubby in his last semester of college. He graduated! WAHOO!
4- Finally got my sea legs to raising a 3.5-4 yr old and established the beloved 6:30 bedtime.
5- I found "my" hairdresser, Tamu, the goddess of hair--going to her like therapy.

7. Seven of your favorite hobbies:

1- Reading. Self help, LDS/Clean Romance Novels and Parenting books mostly.
2- Gardening, I can't wait for spring!
3- Learning new things--I am currently wanting to develop sewing skills.
4- Attending births, it is such a miraculous experience.
5- Photography--though I don't do it enough.
6- Getting Organized/Organizing
7- I really do enjoy writing and creating, I need to do it more.

8. Five favorite foods:
1- Soy Delicious Vanilla Ice Cream
2- Butternut Squash
3- Horizon Vanilla Yogurt, topped with grain-sweetened chocolate chips #2 and walnuts
4- Apples dipped in almond butter
5- Pineapple

9. Five places you've been:
Some of my favorites with fun memories
1- New Orleans, LA
2- Oahu, Hawaii
3- Long Island, NY
4- Washington D.C.
5- St. Louis, Missouri--I really only love it for the Children's Museum

10. Ten Favorite Memories:
I really got into this one..I just kept listing them. It was originally only 5 memories.
1- My wedding day..and the night ;)
2- The births of all three of my daughters and looking them in the eye for the first time.
3- Laying on the hood of my high school best friend's car (Tracie Jordan) in the warm Louisiana night air and laughing and laughing and laughing/Being Mercedes Benze and December Noel :)--only she and my mom will get this.
4-Any Christmas or 4th of the July at my grandparent's house--specifically dancing to jazzy Christmas music around the Christmas Tree while decorating it.
5- Riding the ferris wheel or the water log ride with my dad at Hamel's park
6-Our family vacations where my mom would always make us stop at random historical sites and learn or get rocks..lol
7--The time my mom made me and Traci (my sister) take her negative review card of the hotel where we were staying to the front desk and we made Tempest (our littlest sister) do it.
8--My grandfather taking me on dates to Chick-Fil-A or Wendy's and him letting me get the biggest burger I wanted..despite the fact that I was pretty small.
9--Introducing my daughters' to their newest sibling/my whole little family talking, cuddling in bed on weekend mornings
10-My freshman and sophomore years with my roommates-those memories are endless and precious
11-The day my dad attended this tennis match that I really wanted him to come to
12-Watching black and white movies with my mom
13-Playing Barbies with Traci for HOURS on Sunday afternoons
14-Me, Mom and Traci doing our hair in the bathroom and Traci doing the "Black Mask" comb play
15- Tempest spelling "Bill"--B-I-L-L-L on the Medicine Shoppe Conference vacation..hilarious.
16-Teaching Taylor how to spell and Tempest her colors
17-The time Traci drank gasoline...hilarious and scary all at once
18-Hearing my mom laugh out loud from another room in the house when she was watching TV
19-Overhearing my mom talking on the phone and hearing her say "Tisha has the eye of the tiger, if there is something she sets her mind to accomplish she always does it"--thus my love for Rocky..lol
20-When Mamamaw (my grandmother) would make "goodiebags" for us when we left to go home made up with sugary teacakes.
21-Dates to TCBY with my Dad

Okay..I will stop now...

The funny thing I realize is that the experiences I cherish the most are connected with lots of laughter,sentiment or where I was moved to tears. My family really has laid such a loving and happy foundation for a good, joyful life--I am so blessed. I hope I can do the same for my daughters.

Thanks for tagging me Katie! I am now tagging Amberli, Chellae, Garaghty, Lon and Allie. I don't get to hear from ya'll enough at all and heaven knows we used to sit and talk for hours. So, TAG YOU'RE IT! Copy and paste these questions and answer them on your blog.

No comments: