"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so
that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.
We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other
people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others."
^^ Authored and published by Marianne Williamson ^^
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so
that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.
We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other
people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others."
^^ Authored and published by Marianne Williamson ^^
The first time I read this, my spirit recognized these words as truth. Since then I haven't gone more than a few days without the line "You were born to make manifest the glory of God within you" going thru my mind. This year I am going to memorize this statement and begin to say it to my children so that their spirits will take it in (or never forget in the first place) as a core belief as well.
Ever since I was a little girl, I remember my parents telling me how precious, valuable and loved ALL people are. I remember watching documentaries about Martin Luther King with my mother and her telling me that all people are loved children of God and that we are all to be treated with respect and dignity. I have had a testimony of my divinity as a daughter of God as long as I can remember. And it has been a belief and knowledge that has centered and steadied me thru many difficult times. That knowledge has been what the adversary has tried to undermine and corrupt. But no matter, I know this is true--that I am a daughter of God as much as I know that God lives and loves me. I wonder why we shy away from taking in and living such a powerful truth.
Are we afraid we will seem arrogant and selfish? Maybe so, I have had those thoughts before but living that truth automatically does the opposite. There is no way that I can know of my own divinity without seeing it in others--which tends to lead to a desire to help them know and see it for themselves.
There is nothing like a fresh beginning to inspire our spirits and to helps us remember or seek out the greatness and potential that we all possess. It is my desire that I maintain that inspiration and remembrance thru consistent efforts of faith, purpose and determination. That I will have the opportunity to see myself as the Lord sees me and live loyal to that truth. When I was a teenager at a youth conference,one of the speakers said," Be loyal to the royal that is within you--for you are a child of the King"
I can only imagine the light and peace that would abound by walking thru the moments of my life and putting to action the meaning of that quote. It is a New Year-- where everything is possible. Life is full of possibilities, I can be one too if I believe.
Ever since I was a little girl, I remember my parents telling me how precious, valuable and loved ALL people are. I remember watching documentaries about Martin Luther King with my mother and her telling me that all people are loved children of God and that we are all to be treated with respect and dignity. I have had a testimony of my divinity as a daughter of God as long as I can remember. And it has been a belief and knowledge that has centered and steadied me thru many difficult times. That knowledge has been what the adversary has tried to undermine and corrupt. But no matter, I know this is true--that I am a daughter of God as much as I know that God lives and loves me. I wonder why we shy away from taking in and living such a powerful truth.
Are we afraid we will seem arrogant and selfish? Maybe so, I have had those thoughts before but living that truth automatically does the opposite. There is no way that I can know of my own divinity without seeing it in others--which tends to lead to a desire to help them know and see it for themselves.
There is nothing like a fresh beginning to inspire our spirits and to helps us remember or seek out the greatness and potential that we all possess. It is my desire that I maintain that inspiration and remembrance thru consistent efforts of faith, purpose and determination. That I will have the opportunity to see myself as the Lord sees me and live loyal to that truth. When I was a teenager at a youth conference,one of the speakers said," Be loyal to the royal that is within you--for you are a child of the King"
I can only imagine the light and peace that would abound by walking thru the moments of my life and putting to action the meaning of that quote. It is a New Year-- where everything is possible. Life is full of possibilities, I can be one too if I believe.
1 comment:
Tisha, you definitely have a way with words. What you wrote was very touching and inspiring. Thankyou!
Post a Comment