Saturday, November 28, 2009

Determined to Create




Click this link first. Then come back and read. I have yet to figure out how to imbed the video itself onto my blog.

My friend, Kris, showed me this video a few weeks ago. I teared up when I first watched it. It was exactly what I needed to hear. Today, Sam and the girls are out on a Daddy/Daughter date. I am trying to put Christmas decorations up in our living room where the Christmas tree will be. I didn't do too much in that room last year because we went out of time for Christmas. This year, I want to do more in our first Christmas at home in this house. So I broke out all the stuff and I tried for a bit while I sang to our Christmas music. Then, I hit a wall. Then I broke out the apple pie from Thanksgiving and looked thru my Better Homes and Gardens magazine for inspiration. Then I got frustrated because I don't have the cash right now to go out and get a few more new lovely things. Then I looked on some blogs--most of them from people who have tapped into their creative side and make masterpieces all the time. That isn't me yet.

I have gotten better in some ways but I am not there there. Then I got determined. I always wonder if there is a trying to be creative, cash strapped blogger out there from whom I can draw inspiration. Then I said, I better just get everything out and do what I can with what I have got. Then I remembered this video that my sweet friend, Kris, showed me all those weeks ago. I got the urge to write. I knew that if I wrote about it, it would help me screw my determination to its sticking point and go back up there and give it another go. I cannot promise greatness if and when I ever post pictures of my decorations but I can promise that I did my best with what I had and that I am determined to get better as time goes by. Maybe this will be my year to get off my butt and really learn to sew. Until then, I will relish the fact that although I may not be great at creating lovely home decorscapes, that I am good at creating baby girls. That is most certainly worth alot of something.

Decorating for Christmas should be fun, not stressful, right?

4 comments:

Mia said...

Let the girls help you decorate! Snowflakes, garlands, gingerbread ornaments, etc. They'll love them and so will you.

The Mathews Family said...

Oh Tisha! Decorating isn't supposed to be fun, silly! Actually you hit the nail right on the head for me. I get frustrated that I can't "create" and come up with my own ideas... but then I find something that I love and I learn to mimic it. It fits my personality very nicely. And I am sure that whatever you come up with and create... it's going to be beautiful!
-Jessica

Lewis Family said...

You do decorate nicely with girls! Great job, Mama! And, sister, I know you have a good Dollar Tree out there, so go spend just 5 bucks to change up what you have already. If you can't spend 5 bucks, I'll send it to you! I know how that feels. Miss you, and hugs!

dee(mom) said...

thanks for creating those grands, along with Tempest!. We feel blessed as your parents.What great memories.