Monday, December 21, 2009

Bayou Shade *sigh*



The southern girl in me just sighs with sentimental happiness to have a kitchen color named after something that I love. I know it is silly but after trying several paint colors it is quite pleasing to realize that the bayou inspired this color choice. I really was desperate to decide on a color and I chose the color for the name.

The three pictures let you see it in different daylight. The last one was taken so I could get an opinion from some friends on if I should paint the bit of wall above the stairs the same green. My good husband has assured me that he won't break his neck painting that spot so one of these days, before the year ends, it will be Bayou Shade too.

5 comments:

The Mathews Family said...

Lovely! I love it!
-J

Jenn said...

Very pretty!

Molly said...

Beautiful!! Come to Michigan and help me decorate - I haven't the talent for it you do. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the color! By all means paint the staircase wall. I f Sam has an extension and edge-roller, no climbing is necessary.That's how i have painted high places.

Mindy said...

I like the contrast in walls, but if you don't love it paint it! My prayers will be with Sam ;)