
What is it about Mondays? It reminds me of the quote from Anne of Green Gables when she says (and I paraphrase) "Each day is like a fresh slate with no mistakes in it." To which Miss Stacey responds "No mistakes...yet." I get so optimistic at the outset of the week each Monday. Today is no different. My list and dinner menus are made. We actually had a good (BUT WILD) FHE last night. This week is the last week of a Biggest Loser Style Fitness Challenge I have been participating in. I have a big week ahead of me. I really want to win (and I believe I have a Rocky sort of fighting chance) but I am going to have to push it hard this week (I see lots of leg icing in my future), eat clean and go to bed early so my body can handle all the work. I don't even know if I should make room for a high calorie day. I hate that our girl scout cookies will be delivered this week. I have willpower but I have been looking forward to enjoying a few Tagalongs. I am 2 wks away from completing the Couch to 5k program I have been training for. It feels good. I can say that today since my thighs no longer hurt when I breathe.
Today is Monday. I want to create and prepare today for the rest of the week. Isn't that what we all want? Bread made, at home workout done, laundry under control, dinners planned, homeschool on pointe? I am working at it. I am determined to tackle this day and not let it tackle me. I am taking in deep breaths of positivity and ready to JUST DO IT. I feel a burning desire being turned up. I overheard my mom talking about me when I was a teenager. She said," Tisha has the eye of the tiger. If there is something in her power to achieve, she will do it." That has stuck with me. I am hoping that her words will come to fruition this week. The perspective I am keeping is that I want to do MY best. I want to let steel sharpen steel but when it comes down to it, I have to give the best that I have and then let the universe do with it what it will. I know I am starting to sound like this is more than it is at face value and maybe I am. This whole process has come at an extremely timely manner. I am drawing much strength and refuge from it.I feel peaceful and I feel ready to put forth the effort of a winner.
The Will To Win
(one the most classic motivational poems)
If you want a thing bad enough
To go out and fight for it,
Work day and night for it,
Give up your time and your peace and
your sleep for it
If only desire of it
Makes you quite mad enough
Never to tire of it,
Makes you hold all other things tawdry
and cheap for it
If life seems all empty and useless without it
And all that you scheme and you dream is about it,
If gladly you'll sweat for it,
Fret for it, Plan for it,
Lose all your terror of God or man for it,
If you'll simply go after that thing that you want.
With all your capacity,
Strength and sagacity,
Faith, hope and confidence, stern pertinacity,
If neither cold poverty, famished and gaunt,
Nor sickness nor pain
Of body or brain
Can turn you away from the thing that you want,
If dogged and grim you besiege and beset it,
You'll get it!
-- Berton Braley
6 comments:
That was exactly what I needed to hear on this drizzly Monday. Thank you for sharing, and good luck with all of your goals!
I am so proud of your newfound loVe for running!!! I loVE running but haven't done it in years and want to get back into it too! I even bought brand new running shoes almost 2 months ago and haven't opened them yet! In time, I guess. Go kick some butt this week! I KNOW you can do it! You are AWESOME!!! LoVe you!!! LoVe that poem too! (never heard it before!)
Tisha, you just get me pumped up to be a better wife, mother, woman. I miss you...and am so PROUD of you. You are awesome!!!
You go, girl! You can do it!
(And that was just what I needed to hear today, too! Thanks!)
You are total inspiration; I'm going to start C25K once we move (to Alabama - sorry, keeping it off FB for a bit). Also, how on EARTH do you keep it all together? You accomplish so much!
Oh Molls. I keep it together like every other mother. I don't ;)I do my best but some days are good and some just plain aren't. The day I wrote that thread I don't think we did any homeschool. I exercised, made bread (out of need because we were out and our grocery budget is done for until the next paycheck), made dinner (on time for once), did a little laundry but the floors were (and still are) DESPERATE for a mop and things were in disarray. I don't accomplish much really. Just 1-4 needed items a day. Most days, I ask myself what I did all day because it doesn't look like I did anything. I feel a topic of a new blog post coming on...
Post a Comment