Wednesday, September 27, 2006

These are the moments that I thank God that I am alive

I feel good. I have been generally feeling this way for a little while now and I love it. I think alot of things are influencing the way I feel. Number one, reading the Book of Mormon every night to my children. I was asked to give a talk on why the Book of Mormon was important to us and it was the perfect timing for that talk. I love the book. It is so true. It really does change lives. It has shined such a lovely light on my life as I have been truly using and partaking of it more fully.

Number two, I am feeling offically UNpostpartum. Maia turned one and since then the stubborn baby fat has been coming off more easily and people have been telline me right and left how good I am looking. That and I am playing tennis....my love. I love the game. It makes me feel strong, capable, wise and vibrant inside. The girl, Marissa, I have been playing with is such a great companion and a great player. I am grateful for her.

Number three, Olivia is sleeping and behaving like the daughter I once knew and I am feeling much more confident in handling her. I am becoming a better mother for her in the stage we are passing thru. Refreshing! Not many things feel better than feeling capable.

Number four, I am facing a challenge of the mind pertaining to my capacity and have found myself capable once again. I don't know if I have written much about being a doula and my concerns about it. But in discussing with a friend, Sarah, about my cocerns in being a doula she told me that more than anything my clients would need me. After yesterday, I found that to be true. I had my first experience as a doula and I loved it and I was enough. Though her labor took a break and this experience is not complete. I walk into it knowing I am enough and what peace that is! I am not one to shy away from who I am. I try to be true to me, but I began to doubt my ability after completing my doula workshop. But now I realize its just Satan. My husband is thrilled that I am doing this. He says it makes him proud to see me doing it, developing my skills and overcoming any self doubts I have. I have so much to say about my experience yesterday..but I will write on it when the whole extraordinary experience is complete.

Number 5-I AM SO GRATEFUL TO BE A STAY AT HOME MOM AND WIFE. I love my "job" and nothing comes before it. I love it. I love my husband and I adore my daughters.

This is how I am feeling... I love this quote.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." ^^ Authored and published by Marianne Williamson ^^

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Powerful Post Miss Tisha. Powerful.