Maia, my lion maned daughter, has cut her hair. I was trying so hard to not get mad that I am sure I didn't get a good picture. I am too tense at the moment to post pictures. I am just decompressing on the computer while Sam tries to even out the mess. In some places it is only an inch or two long. In other places--like the opposite side of her head-- it is 6-7 inches long. This is going to be some reveal. Well, there is nothing like a "New You Hairdo" as Max and Ruby says. Needless to say, Maia will not be wearing her hair down for a long while. On the positive side, we did take our family pictures last weekend. So that is good. I feel calmer now. Now I get to go play with it and see what we can do with it for the next several months. I heard a quote from a kid that said," Never let your mom do your hair while she is mad." Maia is lucky I blogged out my frustration before I attempted her hair. Pictures coming soon.
Until the pictures arrive--just think of Maia with a Jackson Five curly fro or an Annie hairdo. The kid is dang lucky she is so adorable. I love three year olds, I love three year olds, I love three year olds....
9 comments:
oh no. i'm so sorry!
I will pray for fast growing hair :)
Oh no!~
Yikes! I am so scared of that day--so far, we've been lucky, but I know that with more than one kid in the house, there is no way we'll stay that lucky.
I guess hair is better than a finger, right?
Wow, I can't believe how big your kids are getting. And those pictures of Olivia on her birthday are beautiful!
Oh darn! My twins have been doing that constantly this year ( see here: http://handsfullmom.blogspot.com/2008/09/but-we-are-sorry-mommy-last-tuesday.html ), including last year just three days BEFORE our family picture, when Allison cut her bangs back to the scalp. I was amazed at how well we were able to salvage it with a vogue haircut and tons of comb-over from the back. I hope you can do that too!
oh no! My daughter cut her hair twice in 6wks and was told if she did it again her daddy would shave her head. Fortunately she hasn't done it again so we haven't had to have a trauma of cutting her hair off.
Just think, less hair, less time doing hair and invest in some cute clips from the dollar store. Kids' hair grows really fast.
I always knew that Maia was an artist! Who knew her medium was hair?? I say repeat your new mantra several time and then remember it'll grow back. God made her cute for a reason honey!
Post a Comment