Monday, November 03, 2008

Misty Potty Colored Memories

I'd like to express how pleased I am with myself that I survived last week. I have always dubbed myself as a potty training wimp/lazy potty trainer, but I did it. I wanted to quit but my friends told me "NO!! Don't do it! You'll be so happy this time next week if you stick with it."

Bless you my brilliant, encouraging friends!!! ((HUGS))

Maia has made it dry through every trip to the store( which totals 3), trick or treating, 3 hrs of church and is 48 hrs free of an accident. Her "pullups" (we just attach the sides of a diaper up and draw a princess on the front and tell her not to pee pee on Cinderella) are still somewhat wet in the morning but she is getting the hang of it. I can't believe it. Woo Hoo! And I did it with her!

She has LOVED the attention. I think being the middle child in the midst of a move, her older sister starting Kindergarten, her baby sister needing more attention at times and not having our preschool co-op anymore has been alot for her. I have enjoyed the time to reconnect with her myself. She thought picking out her own panties was a blast. She is so pleased when she tells me she has to go and I go cheerleader frantic on her. She must think I am pretty crazy. All my jumping up and down and yelling "Woo Hoo!" over and over again is good exercise. I even made up some pretty fun chants that we all just can't get out of our heads. Even Olivia broke out into the most popular one "Look at that girl! Wearing her fancy panties!" as we were buckling up in the van this afternoon on our way to Kindergarten.

I feel like I have earned a mommy merit badge that I didn't have previously. Sam was particularly key in Olivia's potty training so I don't take any credit with her. I can potty train a kid--who knew? WOO HOO! WOO HOO! WOO HOO!

4 comments:

Misty said...

WTG, Tisha! I need a cheerleader. Gabe and I were working on PT and I quit after a week. I need to try again. *sigh* But YAY for you!

Anonymous said...

WTG!! I have two kids fully pt'ed, one 90% there and one to go!!

Shawn said...

you make me laugh. congrats!

Handsfullmom said...

Hurray! Great job to BOTH of you!