
Ok, Michaela is like heroin to me. She is like good food you just can't stop eating. I am so thankful for her and her presence in our family. Today she is one and I just want to hold her forever. I nursed her to sleep last night--this never happens. She hasn't nursed to sleep since she was probably 6 mos old. I just held her sweet little sleeping body for a long time after that. This year has zoomed by.
This time last year I was sitting in my midwife's office and she said," Let's have a baby tonight, ok?" I was surprised at her request since it was 5 days BEFORE my due date and I have always had my babies 7 days AFTER my due date. I was even more surprised to have regular contractions in Walmart 1.5 hr later. The kind of contractions that make you want the world around you to be quiet and stay out of your way. Olivia would ask me if I was having "birthing waves" and if I said yes, she'd say,"Ok, I will be quiet." She asked if Michaela was coming. I told her I didn't think so. I still didn't think it was labor when my doula arrived at my house 3 hours later. I kept saying," This isn't labor, it is too easy" or "I am not having a baby today"--both Sam and Katie told me I was. I wasn't convinced 3 hrs after that until I felt a shift in energy in my contractions. I told Katie to call for Suzanne my midwife but I was sure I would only be 4 cm dilated. Imagine my SHOCK when she checked me and announced I was FULLY dilated.
Michaela has been the sweetest, most scrumptious baby since. We held her ALL.THE.TIME. because she had some extra mucous in her airways and we were beyond paranoid that she would suffocate. I swear we held her for 4 weeks straight after she was born--and I am so glad we did. I can never say I didn't hold her enough--though I would love to go back to that stage and hold her even more.
Now she is one and still my baby. I am convinced she is holding off full blown walking to appease my baby hunger. She CAN do it, she just doesn't want to. She is my "fattest" baby. I have never had a child fit 12 mos clothes on their birthday. Maia wore a 0-3 mos old outfit on her birthday, in fact. Anyway, my baby is one and I couldn't be more addicted to her. A part of her middle name is Naomi which means "Pleasant". I did that on purpose because that is an attribute that I wished for her and since kids are what we call them I went for it. She is truly SO pleasant. Oh Yum..the kid is like the most perfect cupcake you've ever had--incredibly delectable, deliciously beautiful and leaves you wanting more. I am wondering if God has given her me to ensure that I have more children. I hope there isn't a wild one waiting in the wings for me. For now--I'll enjoy my pleasant, delicious little cupcake. How lucky am I? I get to have my cake and eat it too. Bliss I tell ya, BLISS.

9 comments:
Happy Birthday cupcake!
I loved reading your thoughts and think you are such a beautiful mother!
You guys are so beautiful. Happy birthday, baby. And mama too!! ( I firmly believe mothers should be celebrated on their children's birthdays as well!)
It' so nice to be able to keep up with you all!
Hugs, Allie
Happy Birthday!!!!
Thanks for the smiles!!
Oh, you are the best mom! I can just sense the happiness and joy you have in your writing. happy birthday to your little one!
It goes by way to fast. I love at age it is so fun.
Brosie, she's gorgeous! And that picture of the two of you? Perfection!
She is absolutely beautiful, like her mother. Motherhood becomes you. =)
I just can't believe it! Why does time keep going on us? Isa is 5 today and keeps asking is Olivia and Trinity will come to her Birthday Tea Party... Oh, and I love the last pic!
She is absolutely Beautiful. Happy Birthday Michaela!
Post a Comment