Saturday, October 10, 2009

Housewarming with Friends

We have lived in our little house for one year. I can't believe the time has gone by so quickly. As we have settled in, I have discovered that the secret to making your home feel more cozy and warm, besides the love that you share with your own little family, is having friends and family in your home.

This morning, I had a Scentsy party and after they all left and I sat in my front room, I was overwhelmed with how much more homey it felt. And it was all because my friends has been there. We laughed, ate and enjoyed one another, my children enjoyed their children and our home increased in homey-ness with each smile, hug and outburst of laughter. A couple of my dear friends from Provo came and it made my day. I love having the mix of "old" friends and new friends.

It's like a bride being initiated into her new chapter of life as a wife and a mother with the symbols of things well known & comforting and new & hope filled. Each symbol is beautiful and carries with it a certain significance. This reminds me of my friends. Each one contributes to the loveliness of my life and I am all the better for it. I am grateful to be surrounded by people who love me despite my squirks and shortcomings. I am lucky to feel safe and comforted in their presence. Even my friend, who was the Scentsy consultant, commented on how much she enjoyed my friends.

You all know who you are. Thanks for coming into my house and making it a HOME.

2 comments:

mj said...

That was beautiful. Just like the author.

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

That was very sweet. I agree with your thoughts. That is why we keep inviting our neighbors over for dinner (they are going through a big remodeling project) and we just love to have people in the home. Sheridan got me scentsy for my birthday. I have yet to open it yet but will do it this week!