There isn't a word for my current feeling right now. Imagine a sigh of relief in gratitude for finishing Music and not losing it with my Olivia who doesn't seem to want to listen today. Imagine a grumbly "I am shaking it off, I won't let this ruin the day" sort of full body shutter. This is me on my 10 minute computer break before I start lunch.
While I am here I am going to create a plan. A plan that will hopefully get us back on track. First, we enjoy our break. Then I boost our blood sugar with dinner leftovers. Hallelujah for only having to reheat. Then, I will read a favorite book to all the girls after lunch. I will put Mika down for her nap and then Maia. THEN, we will do Math. If we are still moody, I will start with Language Arts and do reading aloud time first.
I am reading "Lady Margaret's Ghost" from the American Girl series right now to Olivia. It's a good story. It was a free book Olivia won for completing the summer reading program at Barnes and Noble. We wanted Whoopi Goldberg's Sugar Plum Ballerinas but they were out of it. But we are into the book, so that will be a good start if we need it.
I don't want to throw in the towel for the day just yet because we need to learn to get thru moody girl moments like this, right? I mean we are only in for more in the future, for sure. If worse comes to worse, we can always decorate the school room for Fall, right?
Cross your fingers for me!
1 comment:
I am crossing... You are definitely more woman than I am! I have a hard time with 3 moody boys sometimes and I don't homeschool! You are doing great Tisha and the girls will love you for your patience and dedication. Just keep blogging your feelings everytime you need a pick-me-up! We all need help time to time...
Post a Comment