Tuesday, October 06, 2009

The Snack Master

We are supposed to be doing some homeschool but I am a bit distracted at the moment. So, Olivia is making a snack for she and Mik (pronounced "Meek") while I was down here getting ready for Language Arts. She had been up there for a while, and while I am trying to nurture independence, I had to see what she was making. My camera battery is dead but now charging so I have no picture to show of her newest creation.

She is literally writing down the recipe as I type. It is a kind of a salad. It is chopped apples (she chopped those puppies with an Ikea kiddie knife folks). So it is chopped apples, a light smattering of cottage cheese and cornflakes and graham crackers. She made some just for me and I didn't want any initially but then I went up to try some and you know you what? The flavors do actually work surprisingly work together. Who knew?

4 comments:

Alissa said...

sorry. still gross. but i love fostering independence.

Rob and Marseille said...

do those knives work well? are they fairly safe? Worth getting? Christopher (4 1/2) has been wanting to use knives, but I won't let him touch mine!

Ambrosia said...

I think they are a good kid knife. I don't have any squalms about giving them to any of my kids. 1yr to almost 7 yr old alike. You can't cut yourself with them. It gouches apples more than cuts it but they get some practice. I also like the Pampered Chef kid knife too.

Millionaira said...

oh you are braver than i...i'd be VERY afraid to eat anythings aj created LOL

and ikea kiddie knive...do tell more