Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Giddy Obsession


In February, my friend, Kris, recommended Masterpiece Classic's newest version of Emma. I did care for the Gwyneth Paltrow version so I wasn't optimistic that I'd like this version either. Holy Moly was I wrong. I am obsessed. I can't stop watching it. I admit it is all because of Mr. Knightly. I don't know what it is about him but I am having my first movie star crush in my 32nd year. Actually, I think it mostly the character and not necessarily the actor but he is just so good, so kind, handles Emma so well and he is a intuitive tenderheart to boot. No macho or bravado. Just good manliness.

I appreciate that in men. This is likely why I fell in love with Sully on Dr. Quinn as a teenager. Mr. Knightly also reminds me of my Sam and since his is at the very top of my list of the most incredible men ever, it is fun to watch a historical romance and be reminded of my honey. Time to unpause it and get back to swooning. I really should be napping but....

5 comments:

hairyshoefairy said...

It. Is. Fantastic! I completely agree.

Tara said...

John bought it for me for Valentine's Day and I have liked it too. There can't be enough good remakes of Jane Austen books in the world.

Mindy said...

"Mr. Knightley" will always be Eli Stone. I can't shake it :(. And there CAN'T be enough good remakes of Jane Austen. Glad you liked it Tish.

Heather said...

Thanks for the recommendation - I loved it!!! My favorite will always be the new Persuasion.

Elozia Marie said...

I watched that a month or so ago, and also adored it! Now DH is watching it, and loves it :)