Monday, March 01, 2010

Beyond Expectations: Day 14

March rolled in as a gorgeous spring day. I like March. I am glad I get to have a baby this month. I am still processing the day so I am not sure where to start or what to say. How about I just report that I doing well. I feel good. My body is so kind to me. I am still pregnant and that I am so grateful for the encouraging words I received today. I got one phone call that really touched me. She offered something that I would never expect. She is a busy mother of five young children and her offer was a completely sincere and selfless one. It pierced my soul. It made me want to be better. It made me feel loved.

She offered to me what I feel the Savior himself would have offered in that moment. I already knew that the Lord sent her to me. She truly has been an answer to my prayers already. Today, she was a angel sent to remind me that I will be taken care of as I transition into this new increase in motherhood. That even though Mom leaves early on Friday morning that my sweet friends around me will be here to be the hands of the Savior, as my mother would have been.

I have learned that we don't always get exactly what we want when we ask that but that doesn't mean we should lose faith in having to wait. It reminds me of that scripture in Psalms 27:14.

14 aWait on the Lord: be of good bcourage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: cwait, I say, on the Lord.

That last line Wait, I say, on the Lord has been running thru my head alot these last few weeks.
The Lord is constantly answering other prayers that we have asked for previously and even when we have forgotten what we asked for in the first place. He even gives us blessings that we don't ask for. It has been quite a day. I am sure that tomorrow is bound to be quite a day as well.

6 comments:

Mindy said...

I am so glad that you are having good experiences. My mom had to leave the day after I was released from the hospital with Jarom. It was a nervous time, but Nat took care of me.
I love that you mention something that I have been thinking about, The Lord gives us what we want in His time. Be thankful that you aren't Sarah, she waited nearly a hundred years for a baby, and you are so not there yet :)

Fichtner Family said...

I like what Mindy said. Can you imagine? 100 years old and surprise! Just when you thought you'd retire... *sigh*
It is so hard waiting for things to happen when the event itself is out of our control. Babies coming, babies being concieved, new job, pay raise, new house, new car, selling house, selling car, toilet training, tantrums... And yet how much more do we become like our Savior when we learn to let go... Not that I have to tell you that ;) You are doing so well. I'm tellin' ya, you will have her so fast it will be like, oh you're here? Wow, when did that happen? It will surely be your most amazing birth yet. And maybe she'll be so mature she'll sleep well from the start. Wouldn't that be amazing?? babies sleeping... ouuuuu but anyway, looking forward for the next update. And I hope it involves Miss Patient Paisley herself.

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

Love that scripture! I don't know if I have ever heard that one.

Your patience is admireable. I could never wait because I was such a planner! But when I had my miscarriage and ectopic before getting pregnant with Theron, that is exactly what I learned in those instances... that is was going to be the Lord's time and not mine and He taught me something I never expected to learn and it is right along the same lines of everything you are learning at this time.

Again, thanks for recording your feelings. It is strengthening to those around us. I am so glad you have friends sent from God to help with the needs He knows you need.

Handsfullmom said...

It has been a beautiful couple of March days. Maybe even inviting enough for Paisley to be born? Good luck to you again!

Rachel said...

You are very sweet. And very strong. And I notice we didn't get a "Day 15." Does that mean we got her here? I'm trying to let you have your family time, but I'm dying over here.

Handsfullmom said...

OK -- so WHERE ARE YOU? I need an update!