Monday, April 07, 2008

Attack of the Super Cranky Mommy

"Mommy, you've been cranky all day long, could you please try to be happy"--Olivia

"Mommy, you've been cranky all day long, I think you need more sleep so you can be happier"--Olivia

This was what Olivia told me several times last week.

Can you guess what kind of mood I was in last week? Can you guess the reason? Sleep. That is right. It is vital that mommies get as much as they can. My girls' behavior is directly proportional to the amount of good sleep they get. That is true for me as well. But you say to yourself..you are the mother of a almost 5 month old, 2.5 and 5 yr old--isn't sleep supposed to be quite limited for you at this point in your life? Well, not really for us. Olivia and Maia sleep thru the night, they only wake on occasion for a hug after a bad dream or a spoonful of peanut butter (Maia). The culprit of my sleep deprived crankiness?

Little Old (I do need to post about my 30th Birthday) Southern Me.

This Mommy is a stickler for the girls heavenly 6:30 P.M. bedtime and she needs to be more of a stickler when it comes to her own bedtime. So that was my goal last night. Go to bed at a decent time so I could grant Olivia her afore mentioned request. So, I went to bed at 10:30 P.M. and woke up at 6:50 A.M.BEFORE (WAHOO!!) my energetic jumping princesses. I read my scriptures and journaled all before they found me in the playroom. I, then, proceeded to make them and myself breakfast, cleaned the bathrooms, vacuumed, unclogged a drain and got ready for the day-- all before Michaela woke up.

This is a very dreamy start to this week but hey...part of enjoying life comes in savoring the shining moments right? It was even a pretty good hair day.

I did happen to be thinking about blogging this as I got ready this morning ay 8:57 am exactly. So this is my goal this week..go to bed no later than 10:30--9:30 would be ideal, 10pm would be great but 10:30 is good and realistic. I'll let you know how this flies next Monday.

5 comments:

kim said...

I am so jealous that you actually managed to wake up BEFORE your kids!!!! That pretty much doesn't happen around here, little boogers that I have :)

We need to get the girls together soon! Hard to believe that we're down to the last few weeks here.

LittleFamilyJL said...

Hey Tisha! You definitely have nailed it for me too! It is pretty funny how I go to any lengths to ensure that our Little Man gets enough sleep...fully aware that there will be a tough price to pay if that need is not met. And yet, I pay that tough price myself quite often.
Good luck with your goal!

(By the way, you look SO great in those 2 pictures!)

g said...

You're so smart. I need to go to bed earlier, too.

P.S. I love your hair!

Katie said...

You look fabulous darling! I'm inspired to go to bed earlier too.

Melinda said...

tisha, you look great! going to bed and waking up earlier is a constant battle for me, too. it's always worth it, but why am i so tempted to stay up too late? and the 6:30 bedtime?! wow. good for you. my kids are in bed around 8-8:30. maybe that explains all the grumpy drama we have. keep up the good parenting. you're wonderful!