So at the dinner table I reported to Sam that I had found the broom and where. Then Maia, my cute snippet of a girl, said, "Michaela didn't hide the broom, Mom." Sam and I looked at each other and smiled in surprise with a look of "We should have known!" on our faces. I asked Maia who did it to which she promptly confessed,"I!" I asked why she did it. She launched into a story about how Michaela told her that she wanted to hide the broom from Mom and that she wanted to help Michaela. She also said told us the broom said that it didn't want its body anymore and to throw it in the trashcan. LOL. Ah 3 years old--they are mischievous hoots, they are. I think this whole situation is telling me that I need to get a new broom after all.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Found and the Confession
Well, this morning I took another sweeping (no pun intended) look around the main level of the house. I still just couldn't understand how a blue broom with a yellow bristles could get lost for two whole days without being spotted. And then, I spotted it. That broom that was once lost, now is found! Where was it you ask? Behind the cushion of the love seat in the living room. I was confused. I didn't understand how Mika did it.

So at the dinner table I reported to Sam that I had found the broom and where. Then Maia, my cute snippet of a girl, said, "Michaela didn't hide the broom, Mom." Sam and I looked at each other and smiled in surprise with a look of "We should have known!" on our faces. I asked Maia who did it to which she promptly confessed,"I!" I asked why she did it. She launched into a story about how Michaela told her that she wanted to hide the broom from Mom and that she wanted to help Michaela. She also said told us the broom said that it didn't want its body anymore and to throw it in the trashcan. LOL. Ah 3 years old--they are mischievous hoots, they are. I think this whole situation is telling me that I need to get a new broom after all.
So at the dinner table I reported to Sam that I had found the broom and where. Then Maia, my cute snippet of a girl, said, "Michaela didn't hide the broom, Mom." Sam and I looked at each other and smiled in surprise with a look of "We should have known!" on our faces. I asked Maia who did it to which she promptly confessed,"I!" I asked why she did it. She launched into a story about how Michaela told her that she wanted to hide the broom from Mom and that she wanted to help Michaela. She also said told us the broom said that it didn't want its body anymore and to throw it in the trashcan. LOL. Ah 3 years old--they are mischievous hoots, they are. I think this whole situation is telling me that I need to get a new broom after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's so funny to me what my kids find to play with -- my two-year-old has taken our broom and hid it twice in the past month. We found it under the bed in her sister's room once, and under the couch another time.
I guess the guilt was too much for a little three year old conscience.
Post a Comment