Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Peek a Boo Broom


I have heard of kids losing their parents things. Little collector babies that steal their parents cell phones, keys and what not. But I have never heard of a baby hiding a large item from their parents. I am three children deep into parenthood and this is my first encounter with it. I cannot find my broom! I let Michaela push it around upstairs yesterday and I haven't seen it since.We have all looked for it and still no luck.

A few minutes ago, I looked Michaela squarely in the face and asked her where she put my broom--she just smiled that addicting smile and went on her way. I wonder if it will go missing long enough for us to resort to buying a new one. I did really want a new broom but why buy a new when you have a perfectly good one, right? If my broom doesn't turn up, I guess I get a new broom on Friday--perhaps Michaela has had my back this time. She knows Mommy wants a new broom and she wanted to oblige her loving, doting mother by ditching the old one. What a good kid, I have.

I shall report back if it turns up--that or I will post a picture of the new one I will get on Friday. Until then, my swiffer sweep and vac will be busy.

3 comments:

Alissa said...

you checked under beds? in closets?

Rachel said...

That is hilarious! I love it. At least it's not something vitally important. Still, a broom is a pretty important (and unusual) thing to hide.

Fichtner Family said...

Haha. did you check behind all the furniture? Noel always hides my swiffer mop behind our living room chair. So cute.