Thursday, June 30, 2011

Are you better than a bad guy?

Mom: (wiping Michaela's chocolate pudding face) "What am I going to do with you, Pudding Face? I think I am going to have to keep you!"
Michaela: "No, I don't want you to keep me. I want to go with the bad guys."
Mom: "Why do you want to go with the bad guys?"
Michaela: "Because I don't like you."

Well, ok then. I thought for sure I was better than the bad guys. They don't feed you good food and sing you lullabyes. Do they? No hard feelings, no hurt ones either. I am learning to expect comments of this nature from my 3.5 yr old.

My mother-in-law has this rule where she says you can't hold anything against what a pregnant woman in the midst of a mood swing says. I think this is a good rule of thumb for 3 yr olds too. If they don't like you, then perhaps you are doing better than you think you are. ;)

2 comments:

Molly said...

I got slapped by a three year old in the middle of a tantrum. I'm deciding that this means I kick total butt as a parent.

Melissa said...

Grin*Laugh*Smile*Chuckle* I love the things you share! You are a wonderful mother, YW leader and friend.