Tuesday, June 07, 2011

The Hero in our New Chapter

Yesterday morning, I opened my eyes to this sweet man all handsomed up and ready for his first day at his new job. The day felt incredibly right and uniquely special. Almost like the morning after you've had a new baby. Remember that feeling? That new addition is finally there. Teensy and curled up on your chest or in your arms. It is as if she's always been there and at the same time you can't wait to get acquainted. That is what it felt like as I followed Sam outside to take a few pictures. The sun was rising and the day was bright and clear.

During all of this, I have been so grateful and humbled by the measure of my Sammy's integrity, creativity, strength, perserverance and faith. This position was among one of many miracles and tender mercies along our job hunt path. It came and was offered out of nowhere. A month or so earlier, they told us that were no longer considering him. However, they called him one day as he was flying home from another interview. He had an interview the next day and Sam came home saying he didn't think it went all that well. Imagine our surprise and shock when they called back the following day to talk about pay and the following Monday they extended a job offer. He is now the Construction and Maintenance Coordinator at Primary Children's Hospital.

He is my hero. I say that because, in the face of this job loss/layoff drama, he has confirmed to me that he is exactly who I thought he was. And I've seen him stand in his majesty as a son of God. That makes me tear up with joy and peace. There are still a few facets of unknown, possible tweaks and new changes that may need to be made. All of which require stepping into the dark and possibly even hanging out there for a bit but we know we are in the right place at the right time. Myriads of my children's prayers have been answered and we are growing. Growth is good. Growing pains may not be pleasant but their results are.

So, we've begun a new chapter. After that tender mercy of a moment, we embraced and kissed and then I sent my honey off to his new job. I have a feeling it is going to be a very good one. We are grateful to be in this place. We are looking forward to a happy page turner of a chapter. Thank you for all your continued prayers, support, listening ears and love. They have been felt. You have been angels sent from our loving Heavenly Father.

Miracles happen. I am learning that miracles are still miracles even if they aren't what you asked for or were expecting. I am learning that even personalities who see almost every good thing as a miracle are bound to miss recognizing some--at least at the beginning. I have learned that your recognizing miracles is a miracle in and of itself. It heals you. It soothes you. It expands your soul and opens your eyes. It gives you strength to learn and grow in the way that you need the most. (Oh my goodness, did I just sum up what happened in Pollyanna of what?)

A new dawn in a new day truly does feels good. It brings with it so much potential and potential is downright exciting, if you ask me. It usually does bring with it work and possible hardship but it is still hope filled and hope is like the icing on the cake. It is essential in emotional and spiritual livelihood. It breathes life and light into your physical being. It gets you excited to see what is under that initial sweet layer. Hope truly is the anchor of one's soul. Just as it holds layers of cake together, it keeps you tethered to the Master and helps you want what He wants for you thus feeding your ability to be grateful. And gratitude, well it is a gift. It is that sigh of relief and expanse of happiness that comes from knowing that you can see, feel, taste and experience the goodness even when it isn't your favorite kind of cake.

God is good. God is great. Let us thank Him for our food. Amen, amen and amen!

5 comments:

mimi said...

amen, sister, amen! You have such a wonderful writing style!!! We are proud of your hero also.

Amanda said...

Congratulations on the new job! And I loved what you wrote about miracles. One thing I've learned is that miracles happen every day but sometimes it takes a dash of adversity to help us recognize them.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mom, I appreciate your love and support. This has been an experience that has been a growing experience for our entire family. I have gained perspective, changed for the better, and have been lifted by the prayers and faith of little angels. (by sam)

Gabrielle said...

So exciting, Tisha! I was so happy to hear that Sam got a job. And Primary Childrens?! Stephen is seriously jealous! That would be his dream place to work.

Mindy said...

YAY!!! I LOVE it!!I am so excited for your new adventure! My heart is loving the line in which you say that you Sam exactly as you thought he was. That sugah is a gift :). Love you girl!