Saturday, June 04, 2011

Cancation Plans

This summer we have plans for a family vacation in Las Vegas. Everyone will be there. Brother, sisters, spouses (please oh please let Sam get time off his new job), grandchildren and, most importantly, Mimi and Poppy. During this vacation there will be kids daycamps for the girls to go off to and enjoy. It is a requirement, however, that daycampers be pottytrained. Michaela has recently had a potty regression of sorts. I have been trying to encourage full commitment to pottydom by telling her that in order for her to go to day camp with the big kids, she must stay dry all day. None of this pull your panties down and pee on the carpet instead sort of thing. That would be the wrong idea of "staying dry" all day. All household surfaces AND your underthings must stay dry.

(If you look closely at this picture, you will see Michaela's hiney print on the pee soaked area rug.)

She was intrigued by day camp. She asked if there were slides at daycamp. I said, "Maybe, I'm not sure. But there will be games, crafts and all sorts of fun stuff to do." I could see gazelle intensity come into her eyes when I said, "Maybe." I never knew that she liked slides so much but apparently she does. She has stayed dry for 7 out of the last 9 days. For each dry day, she gets a pink star on the calendar. She digs those stars. She gets a smiley for waking up with a dry diaper in the morning. Only 1 of those in the last 9 days but there I go straying off the on-topic road again.

Back to our vacation plans. She mentions it fairly often probably because I praise her for getting ready for Mimi's vacation. I can tell she has been thinking of all the fun possibilities because tonight I put her to bed and closed the door. Then she came out and said," Mommy, I am going to pee pee and poo poo on the potty so that I will be ready for Mimi's cancation. We are going to go on the slides, swing on the swings and get my face painted like a tiger at Mimi's cancation."

Does my 3.5 yr old know how to plan one rocking cancation or what? I mean, who needs plain old vacation when you go cancating with Michaela on the slides AND the swings all while having your face painted...like a tiger, no less. BOO YA Disneyland. We don't need you. You are mere vacation. This summer, my Michaela is going to Vegas where she will join her Mimi and have one blazing hot, dry all dry, big girl panty wearing cancation. Don't ask me where she got all these ideas but she is making serious plans and she is cracking me up. I sincerely hope they have face painting or we might have to break out our makeup to make her grand dreams of "Mimi's Cancation" come to full fruition. CANCATION OR BUST!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I have one thing to say: if you are coming to Vegas, you MUST come visit me! Or I will come visit you wherever in Vegas you are! Even if it is only for a few minutes!!!!!

kim said...

That sounds like my idea of a great "cancation!" (And I love the hiney print) Good luck, Michaela!

Tara said...

Hey, whatever it takes. Emma just got painted like a tiger yesterday at the book fair. She seemed to really enjoy it.

mimi said...

awww, I am so excited to be part of Mika's "cancation"!
Note to self: If there is no face painting will buy some!!!
Viva Las Vegas!!!

Molly said...

This is awesome...but, what's a cancation? I saw it on FB the other day and forgot to ask.

Ambrosia said...

Molly, it is what Michaela calls vacation. It just comes out that way and even though I have corrected her it still comes out that way. I use that word now too because it is just too cute.