Wednesday, June 29, 2011

How I changed my life this week

There was a large, unsettling pile at the bottom of my stairs. It was messy. It made me stress. It mocked my pain for letting it sit there for a week or two..ok maybe it was three. With every trip downstairs, it stripped away at my housewife pride. I tried to stop going down there but it called to me. It laughed at my lack of time management. I might have even heard it revel in the sheer delight of being touched when the girls had a little hootenanny with its contents.

Finally, the stars aligned and the appointed time arrived. I have some good HGTV shows AND Persuasion saved on my DVR. I folded and folded and folded. In a little over an hour, in the quiet of my family room at half past midnight. I changed my life. My perspective. My reason for coming downstairs! Sigh. Folded laundry- put away is a hefty slice of bliss.

2 comments:

mimi said...

I LOVE the feeling of accomplishment! Such bliss! As usual, you write wonderfully!

Melinda said...

bravo! great post. i have a monstrous pile of acquired used toys in my closet i've been hiding from my kids. keep meaning to sort through them and pass them on. its eating at me. i can't seem to get the courage to face it. i should just get rid of them all, forget sorting. glad i'm not the only one who hears piles laughing at me.