Sunday, June 26, 2011

Personal Triumph

I made it to church on time today. I have been gunning for this achievement for some time now. We have 9 o'clock church and Sam's callings require me to get our crew to church without him.Nothing new or particularly extraordinary, many LDS women do the same thing. I tend to be about 5 minutes late rather consistently. We normally walk in during the opening song.

It felt so good to walk into the chapel and be seated during the prelude music. I've been rather hard on myself and my mothering shortcomings lately and I just wanted to record a personal victory. It is small, I know, but it feels mighty fine. Next goal, on time for 2 weeks in a row. 3 weeks in a row could start a new habit. Woot! Until then, I will just babystep it and enjoy the little victories. Never mind that I walked out of the house without cheerios and a sippy cup for Paisley, right? ;)

5 comments:

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

The year I had Bennett we had 9 am church and BC was gone. I used to get up at 5:00 and we'd still be late somehow (just barely late...like you're talking about). One week we were finally on time and I was SO proud of myself until I looked down and realized that Keller's hair wasn't fixed and Campbell wasn't wearing shoes. SO close.

Ambrosia said...

Your comment make me see more and more how we are all are much more alike than we realize. As I was backing out of our driveway, I asked the girls if they had shoes on and did a double take to make sure I had done all 4 heads of hair. ;)I normally get up about 6:30-7am but this time I got up at 7:30. Go figure, right! I think it helped that starting at 8:30, I kept setting the timer for 10 minutes so I could keep an accurate countdown on the time.

Ambrosia said...

So Char, did Campbell go shoeless for church? Or did you go back home? Sam ended up going home between the blocks to give Paise a snack and a cup.

Tempest and Ben said...

That's amazing Tisha! I really hate being late for church but can never seem to get there on time!I only have two kids too!! Keep it up super mommy! That's way awesome!

Tara said...

I have the exact same problem. The funny thing is that the only time my family is on time is when I stay home sick. I'm not sure I want to know what that says about me. I think it is a major victory and that you celebrate whether you make it again next week or not. The only thing that saves me is that the Duffins started saving us a bench and I can have the kids run in while I do the parking with Adam. Good luck.