Monday, September 04, 2006

I, Tisha, having been born of goodly parents

Well, as I might have mentioned Olivia has been having a hard time going to sleep. The alligators in her room are bothering her....what alligators you say? About 2 weeka ago, we were watching Disney's " The Happiest Millionaire" where an eccentric family has pet alligators. Olivia was supposedly asleep but she came out during a scene where the butler falls into the alligators' pool. He isn't hurt at all, because they are "nice" alligators but Olivia interpreted the alligators growls as negative. SO,we have endured many nights full of alligators who bother us and although we tell them that they won't get any treats if they don't leave and go home to there mommies or when I personally escort them out of the room or spray them away with "Alligator Be Gone" or tell her they are not really there...they really like Olivia and her room and want to stay.

SO, that brings me to today, she has been doing better the last few nights. But my mom suggested, that I read scriptures outloud to the girls as they go to bed. So we began 1 Nephi today. Olivia was out like a light pretty quickly and we got our family scripture study in..that does qualify right? It does set a nice tone to the end of the day and I won't the Spirit will abide with her and us through the night and help Olivia have good dreams.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

We have monsters in the closet thanks to Disney's "Monsters, Inc". Whoever said that Disney movies were harmless never had to get strong-willed little girls to sleep. I'm glad the scriptures are working to get Olivia to sleep. We might start doing that too to help Chloe.

Heidi said...

We have monsters in the closet thanks to Disney's "Monsters, Inc". Whoever said that Disney movies were harmless never had to get strong-willed little girls to sleep. I'm glad the scriptures are working to get Olivia to sleep. We might start doing that too to help Chloe.

Millionaira said...

yay for scriptures, hope they help keep those alligators at bay!

Tanya said...

Wooo! I'm so glad you've found something that is working and I think reading the scriptures to her is awesome and counts as family scripture time, absolutely!