
We had a great time. It was so nice to be surrounded by friends and family to celebrate Maia. Kaylee aka, our Super Aunt Goddess, helped me TONS in pulling off the party. It was fun to share the experience. We cooked and she cleaned tons, the food would not have been ready on time without her. We had a Sandwich Ring, Pasta Salad, watermelon, cupcakes topped with sugar cookie stars that had a "1" or "M" written on them, ice cream and lemonade. Maia ate ALL her cupcake, getting most of it in her mouth.
In attendance were: Kaylee and Jarom, Sara, Matthew, Adele and Elaine, Talia, Grace and Clark, Emily, Autumn and Prarie. The little girls and Clark played well and loudly together, got all dressed up in dress up- Clark as well, in some white and purple glitter fairy wings. LOL! Adele favored up with many excerpts from Annie and did a smashing job too! Broadway just might be in her future.
Maia is REALLY enjoying her presents,which is saying something because she really isn't a toy kind of girl. But the Wooden Learning Center, Baby Einstein trilingual
Ocean book, Goodnight Moon board book and Leapfrog Learning Table have been quite the pleasant distraction.
Maia wore some lovely baby Walmart couture bought at Children's Orchard for 65 cents! I love bargains! The funniest things about it is that it was 0-3mos sizewise!
Her stats as of one year. 14lbs, 7oz -my little featherweight hasn't even doubled her birthweight (7lbs 6oz) and is in the less than 3rd percentile. She is 27.25 inches long (8%) and a smart 45.8cm head circumference in the 50th percentile.

She is doing the "all done" sign more regularly these days. She loves to clap her hands, stomp her feet, turn circles,dance, run after her big sister, climb ANYTHING, play in water-especially the tub and toilet if we'd let her;) She has started giving me kisses too. She walked up to me yesterday with a sock in her hand, held it out to me and said, "sok!", she was saying "duck" while we were at the botany pond this week so I am thinking it wasn't a fluke ;) She says "Da da", "bye bye", and only this morning mimicked me when I said diaper. She has a keen eye and instinct for she always seems to know when one of us is leaving the house and is at the door before we are. Even with all these fine accomplishments, she is keeping her doting mother on ever so anxious on pins and needles, waiting for her to say...MOMMA!!
And that is my proud mommy report on Maia Catherine-Hope Hunt, our newest creamy baby addition!
3 comments:
LOL, cute pics!!! I wish I could've been there for the party...I'm sure it was tons of fun...you'll have to come to Riley's belated one after we get there...YAY Maia for talking...the most we've gotten out of Riley besides noises is "uhuh" and only twice at that LOL
It was a blast! I'm glad Adele can still entertain. :) Matthew had a great time too, He really liked Kaili's husband! :)
It was so much fun too! Matt really liked Kaili's husband. Maia is ADORABLE. I could seriously eat her up. And I'm glad Adele can entertain. :)
Post a Comment