Well, I can't believe its been a week since I last wrote. This whole blog this is neat. I like writing out the thoughts of my mind and keeping my own record. It feels really nice. So, alot has happened in a week. First and foremost, I feel good. I really do. I am starting to feel like myself again. I am feeling more happy, upbeat and peppy. I think I am going with the flow more of this hectic and learning phase of my life. I am getting used to things that have been jolts to my system and I suppose I am getting a hang of the craziness of this season of my life. It does help that Olivia is moving out of the disequilibrium of being 3.5 yrs old and moving into more emotional equilibrium of turning 4. I know that 4 will come with its own unique challenges as well but I ready for a change. And four is my lucky number after all. Not that it means that all will be daisies and sunshines because that just isn't a consistent something to expect. There are those kinds of moments to anticipate and I am looking forward to them.
So, I mentioned that Home, Family and Personal Enrichment was coming up and that I am the HFPE leader- which tends to be a usual calling of mine. But I LOVE it. So, Vicki Tate came last night. We had a taster's table-all food from food storage and one with garden harvest/food storage combo. We had displays on how to creatively store your food storage. We had folders with laminated food storage calendars, recipes and other info. And guess what. It went BEAUTIFULLY!! I could not have asked for it to have gone better.
We had the best attendance ever! Sister Tate was so impressed with the interaction and attention of everyone, people requested group orders for things and the food was DELICIOUS. Delicious, I say! There was this 11 yr old girl who came in for seconds of the wheat chili even. We had Pinto Bean fudge, Wheat Chili, Whole Wheat Bread (the EASIEST recipe ever..it was perfect!), Honey Butter, Homemade Applesauce, Garden Harvest and Bean Salad, Country Hearth Muffins, Whole Wheat Chocolate Cake made with dehydrated eggs and dry milk and the Cannery Fruit Drink Mix. People didn't even realize that it was food storage stuff, that the cake was whole wheat or the fudge had beans in them. Even Sister Tate, who is an expert of yummy food storage said the food was delicious, had a full plate and was enjoying herself. I cannot tell you how good it made me feel. She complimented me on the spread and setup before, during and after her presentation. Of course, it wasn't all me. My HFPE counselor is my best friend in this. We make such a good complimentary team. We were on the phone alot on Monday and Tuesday. But I was in charge of the food storage portion of the evening (we also had a class on Family History, it was a MythBusters HFPE) so it was my baby. I am so blessed to be surrounded by good people. I called 3 other ppl to help me with the cooking and I was grateful for their support. My cup, again, runneth over.
Our goal was to fire up the sisters about Food Storage, to learn and build on what we know, to get pp there and it all happened. I was surprised at how many ppl didn't have Sister Tate's book, but they all want it now and many other things she mentioned. Anyway, it really went well. I am still feeling the warm fuzzies.
Ok, so my friend, Gabrielle-Gabby called me last week to say that there was a doula course she was gonna take this Th, F and Sat (all day) and wanted me to do it with her. That she'd like to pay for my course so that I'd have no excuses to not do it. At first, I wasn't sure if I really wanted to do it. I didn't want to leave my girls for 8 hrs for 3 days straight and I was heartbroken knowing that I'd miss my most favorite Utah fall event, the watermelon festival in Green River. I can't express how much I LOVE it. LOVE IT! I am still quite sad that I am missing it. So, after some prayer, support from my kind hubby, some good counsel from my friends , Sara-who gave me perspective and really boosted my desire and Corey, who called me on the fact that the only reason that I wouldn't do it was because I was being a chicken..a LAZY chicken at that, I start my doula training tomorrow!
Again, I have great people who are willing to love and watch after my girls while I am away. I am so looking forward to learningnew things about a topic that I am quite passionate about new and developing a new skill.
So, I love the Book of Mormon. This reading outloud as the girls fall asleep at night is the best thing I could be doing every night. And the timing of it all is so easy. We have not missed a night yet. Olivia hasn't fussed about bedtime in a week. She goes to sleep in her bed. And if she is not asleep when I finish one chapter she asks for more. And I feel the Spirit very strongly as I read. I love the Book of Mormon. It is true. Every parent should be reading it to their children at night. I hope that we keep this tradition forever. We all have more love for one another, all of our behaviors have been improved and a more peaceful spirit abounds in our home. Wow. I am so glad my mom suggested it, I am so blessed that I listened.
1 comment:
So cool Tisha. I'm so glad the reading is working so well, and sounds like the HFPE night was great. My sister's ward had one just like that, but it was based around Marlene's Magic with Food Storage. It was fabulous food. Tofu Lasagna, Pinto Bean Pecan pie, wheat chili. YUM. I'm going to have to pull the book out!
Anyway, I'm SO happy to hear that you're feeling so great and that things are working out wonderfully for you!
Post a Comment