"I am special as you can see
Because of my speciality
I can climb any mountain
I can swim any sea
'Cause I am special.
I am special as you can see
Because of my speciality
If I set my mind to it
I know I can do it
Because I AM SPECIAL!"
Because of my speciality
I can climb any mountain
I can swim any sea
'Cause I am special.
I am special as you can see
Because of my speciality
If I set my mind to it
I know I can do it
Because I AM SPECIAL!"
This reassuring truth assisted her thru many of her learning quests. It was there for her as she attempted her first button. It comforted her as she learned to push and balance herself on her scooter. It was there for her as she screwed her courage to the sticking point and braved the backyard where dreaded bumblebees and the beloved swingset resided. It bolstered her courage as she waved goodbye to her mom and walked to the edge of the pool for her first ever swimming lessons. Her mother had her repeat it over and over again to herself whenever her confidence waivered. Sometimes the girl loved this and other times it plain ticked her off and sent her further into waves of tumultuous woedom. The truth had obviously begun to take root and sprout when the growing girl decided that it was time for her to ride her bike on her own without training wheels after bike riding tutorials bestowed upon her by her loving father. She didn't need to say it out loud that day. She simply made a decision and did it. Success was the outcome. Today, that truth began to blossom when that lovely flower of girl put on her new tennis shoes. Shoes with laces--not velcro closures. Her gentle father sat down with her to teach her. The girl promptly showed her parents that she could do the first step. Make an "X", put one string thru the X's legs and pull tight. Her father reminded her of the next step. Our noble little girl watched. She repeated her father's actions and you know what? She tied her shoes all by herself. And then, she did the other one. All by herself.
As her mother, I wonder how this precious little truth assisted her confidence as she progressed passed another childhood milestone. I like to think that it positively influenced her. Mostly I just can't believe that my baby can READ, tie her shoes, ride her bike and begins Kindergarten NEXT WEEK. How in the world has life gone by so quickly? Only heaven knows. But we do know for sure that no matter what--we can climb any mountains, we can swim any sea because we are special!
Pictures coming as soon as I can find the blasted transfer cord. ;)
As her mother, I wonder how this precious little truth assisted her confidence as she progressed passed another childhood milestone. I like to think that it positively influenced her. Mostly I just can't believe that my baby can READ, tie her shoes, ride her bike and begins Kindergarten NEXT WEEK. How in the world has life gone by so quickly? Only heaven knows. But we do know for sure that no matter what--we can climb any mountains, we can swim any sea because we are special!
Pictures coming as soon as I can find the blasted transfer cord. ;)
2 comments:
Oh lands...don't make me cry. I'm blubbering.
I can't believe our girls are starting Kindergarten! AWWWW!
Post a Comment