Now I am 30, happily married to an incredible man, with 3 beautiful daughters and the beloved family of my childhood live 3 states away but I never cease to be excited about 4th of July. For the second year in a row, Sam and I have continued to create dazzling memories of this blessed holiday with our children. We had a Family Home Evening earlier in the week about patriotism and we learned about the flag and its history and importance. It is fun to hear Olivia call the flag by many of it's nicknames every time we see one and to hear Maia sing "You're a Grande Ole Flag" complete with the hand gestures we created.
The best picture I got of Sara that morning..she is going to love me for posting this one.
LOVE YA --Sara! ;)
Then we packed our van with cold drinks and strollers and went to the Freedom Festival--a 4th of July fair/celebration. This is my new favorite thing to do on 4th of July with our family. We have a great time doing crafts at the Children's Tent, Sam and Olivia climbed a rock wall, watching a cool reptile show and get all hot, wet and sticky, while trying to cool off with snowcones and frozen water bottles.
Later on, Kaylee, Jarom and their new son, Elijah came over for dinner. We made shishkaboobs, hamburgers and hot dogs.
We brought back the spark in our lives by doing sparklers in the backyard.
They can make hornets terrified if they dare to take up residence in your swingset and bite your eldest daughter too.

After that Sam and I got wild and started doing cartwheels and roundoffs in the backyard--I told you that 4th of July brings out my inner child, right?
Thankfully, Olivia thought I was cool, instead of crazy.

Thankfully, Olivia thought I was cool, instead of crazy.
We put the girls to bed, cleaned up a bit and waited for the fireworks to begin. We could see alot from our neighbors yard. She welcomed us over to watch them and give the chance to take my first ever shots of fireworks. We woke the girls up and they watched with us. All in all--it was a dazzling day. The things I hope my daughter's best childhood memories will be made of.
8 comments:
Beautiful pictures! Happy 4th of July!
Your family gets more beautiful every day! Good pics. Miss you guys.
You're pictures are wonderful! I love the way that you write and describe your memories for us. Your children will love to read back on this and remember the great memories they are making with you. Hugs!
-Jessica
Sigh. Happy pics!!! I wish we'd been there with ya'll!
you took fabulous pics, Matt LOVES the firework shots. I'm in love with that pic of O and A. IN LOVE.
NOT in love with that pic of me wiping my NOSE! Oh its ON SISTER!
Looks like you had an awesome day! I love all the fun summer memories--I have so many that make me wish I was a little girl again, but have to make do with acting like one ;)
Great Pics! your girls are beautiful. You and your camera caught great pics on the 4th.
What beautiful memories! Our granddaughters are really growing like weeds, Sam and you are doing a great job. These pix assuage our feelings about not being nearer to Traci and you. I remember singing the "Stars and Strips Forever" with all that I love.
Post a Comment