Monday, August 18, 2008

It is green but it is not "GREEN"


Comet, I mean. Dang that stuff works brilliantly!! I remember scrubbing the kids' bathroom with it growing up. I asked Sam to pick some up for me while he was at Costco. Thinking it'd be a HUGE two can pack for a buck or two. Well, it is a SIX pack of the largest tallest cans I have ever seen. So I have been using it all over the place and DUDE--my bathroom tubs, toilets, sinks and kitchen sink are SO shiny. AND they stay shiny in between cleanings.

I feel somewhat guilty for using it since I do like to use products that are organic and good for the earth but I will admit that all the baking soda and vinegar, Green Works and Simple Green haven't made my bathtub this sparkly before. I wonder if AJAX is more environmentally sound. Until then--I have 5.5 cans of Comet to use. Sorry Mother Earth, I sure did try.

8 comments:

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Ha ha ha! I tried to link the Green Works stuf....I really, really tried. Then I found it doesn't *actually* disinfect. I have too many disgusting kids for a product that doesn't disinfect!

QueenMeadow said...

Yay for Comet, I'm almost out so I better put it on my grocery list :).

Kermit~the~Frog said...

I'm a total Comet devotee myself. I make up for it in other ways.

Lewis Family said...

Magic Eraser, baby! I absolutely love it. You should totally try it in a few years when you run out of Comet!

Ambrosia said...

I do use Magic Eraser very often but it just doesn't shine and buff like Comet. It does get off some impossible scum and almost any mark under the sun.

Molly said...

BWAHAHAHA!!! I am a Mrs. Meyers fan, but there are some things that I can't go green on. Namely dishwasher detergent.

Amanda said...

I'm sorry, but I can't blame you at all. I tried baking soda and vinegar and they worked fine...but Comet just makes my life easier in general and I can't go completely without it.

The Cunningham Clan said...

I have to say, don't like Ajax. It is too gritty. Comet is definitely the way to go. Although the product that I really like, especially in the tub, is Shower Power. I have never seen anything work so well, so quickly, and with so little effort.