Saturday, April 09, 2011

Cling to Faith and Optimism

I am a rather happy person by nature and I admit to being a Pollyanna as well. I can't help it. I am sure I may have annoyed many a person being this way but I can't help it. It feels better to be positive and happy. This morning, I started to feel a dark cloud creeping overhead. I could feel an "opposition day" threatening. It is still attempting to hover but I am trying to figure out the best way to blast thru it. I am beginning to imagine myself as a happy Pollyanna who pulls out a sunblasting ray gun out from under my skirts and then dispelling the gloom.

But it is not usually as simple as that. I have to accept that even Pollyanna has her off days. She is no less herself nor half her value. Pollyanna just needs a boost from time to time. She is human, and with humanity comes ups and downs. The gift, I'd like to think, is that Pollyanna's remember, are encouraged by and are compelled to finding the silver lining that enables them to see the dawn of an indomitably resplendent day. I came across a quote today that helped me to see the silver lining. I have read it before but the timing of seeing it again was excellent. It brought out my fighter.

Go at life with abandon; give it all you've got. And life will give all it has to you.

The secret of life isn't what happens to you, but what you do with what happens to you.

Help other people to cope with their problems and your own will be easier to cope with.

Never use the word impossible seriously again. Toss it into the verbal wastebasket.

Self-trust is the first secret of success. So believe in and trust yourself.

Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven't half the strength you think they have.

Joy increases as you give it, and diminishes as you try to keep it for yourself. In giving it, you will accumulate a deposit of joy greater than you ever believed possible.

How you think about a problem is more important than the problem itself - so always think positively.

Go at life with abandon; give it all you've got. And life will give all it has to you.

Norman Vincent Peale .


On top of that, I was reminded of some scriptures that has prepared me to take on what life had for me to experience. My girls and I memorized this scripture about 2 months ago and everytime I hear Michaela say it in her sweet little voice I feel succored. "Be of good cheer and do not fear, for I,the Lord am with you and will stand by you." Nothing is better than knowing, remembering and trusting in the Savior. He has overcome the world and He will not leave us alone while we face it. Thru Him, we can overcome it too.


3 comments:

Rob and Marseille said...

how cute to think of Michaela reciting that scripture! I need to get on the ball & have my kids memorize scriptures. especially with great quotes like that. And I totally agree w/"Help other people to cope with their problems and your own will be easier to cope with." Hearing others' problems make mine seem small.

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

LoVe this! Thank you for your wonderful kind words on my blog. I too am a happy person by nature and it may very well annoy some people as well if they read my blog. But I do have no good horrible days as well. Obviously I am never in the blogging mood at those times! You always brighten my day when I read your blog!!

mimi said...

those are my gradchildren raised by a righteous mom 1