Monday, April 04, 2011

Follow the Yellow Brick Road

Monday, Monday. Come on, don't ya just feel the exciting potential of this new week? I have been spinning my Tisha wheels lately BUT I am feeling a bit of de-rut-ifiage. Like my new word? I think it works. I have thrown a few sticks in my rut and I am enjoying some traction. I am hoping for the exhilaration that comes from getting out of a muddy rut this week. Will this week be perfect. No way, Jose! Life with children (or just plain life in general) means it is a waste of time and energy to expect the picture perfect. But we can do our best with faith in the Savior and He is the one that makes our efforts perfectly enough. It is about giving our all and our upmost, letting go of the doubts, framing our days with prayer and getting up and doing some good work while we emulate Christ. We will stumble but we will also succeed. We will become better because of those falls and bruises. Our strength will be renewed as we remember who it is that has paved the way to happiness for us.

The path isn't hard to miss. I like to think of it as the yellow brick road. Not all want to follow it and some get off only to be pummeled by apples, attacked by flying monkeys and harassed by wicked witches. But we aren't afraid of lions and tigers and bears! We are daughters of God (Oh my!) who have taken upon ourselves the atoning blood of the Savior and that gives us power from on high. It is a power that no wicked witch can deshod us of. We know that there is no place like our homes here on earth and our heavenly home to which we are striving to return. We, sometimes, forget to click our heels though. It is so simple and sometimes we don't use our energy to do so.

I have been counseling with the Lord as to the best way to click my heels. I am getting back to some basics and am seeing the need to implement some new basics. My basics are no more magical than yours. I just have to DO it. There is power in those small things. I have been reminded many times in the last month that by small means the Lord can bring out great things. I am small. I am simple. I also like sparkly red shoes whose power comes from my Heavenly Father. That power will help me to accomplish the great things that He has for my family to do, to be and to accomplish. It is Monday. There is no time like now to slip on my sparkly reds and get to work. There is nothing like feeling purty and sparkly while you do the basics. I dare you to join me. Bienvenue Domingo !

No comments: